New HTPC + AV Reciever config, want maximal compability with 10.0 live !
Good Morning everybody out there !

I want to buy new HTPC hardware because of extreme compability Problems with my Zotac ION 330

The Budget does not matter, I just want to stick everything together, install xbmc and start playing my stuff ! Big Grin

I would Like to use an dedicated Graphics adapter like an gt430 or anything else which can use HDMI to send the Audio Signal to the 5.1 A/V Reciever from denon or what else you would buy. I also Need an absolute compatible Mainboard, does not matter if Intel oder AMD, it should just perform well Nod

So this is what I need from you:

Compatible Graphics Card with HDMI for Video and Audio
Compatible Mainboard (would like to see something compatible for an Antec NSK 2480)
compatible A/V Reciever (would like if Denon 5.1 series work ?!)

I already got from my old Mediacenter:

Memory
Harddisk
Bluray drive
PSU

Thank you for your Suggestions

Christoph
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92375

Smile
Thank you for your reply Smile

I will buy the last config Today !!

i have also another question for you Smile

Is there actually a solution for DVB-S with such xbmc 10 live Systems ?

if there is a Way i would like to buy any recommended tv Card in Addition Smile

Best regards

Christoph
I know you are after a custom build but would you care to explain the compatibility problems you had with the Zotac? I happen to have 2 x Atom 330 Zboxes and a Denon 1909 7.1 receiver and they are smooth as they can be. Maybe something particular in your AV setup that may prevent the new hardware working as you may expect?
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
good morning everybody

My problem with my First zotac Ion 330 Board was that i could not get Sourround working over 3,5 jacks !

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88345

There were even reported problems with av reciever configs, that i want to turn now everything to tested Hardware and sell my old Teufel system with that 3,5 jacks and that crappy zotac board with its sound output problems and buy fresh, tested Hardware

Best regards

Christoph

€dit: added Link
Looks like your AV receiver needs an upgrade. The best ways to connect any HTPC to an surround system is either by HDMI to newer AV Receivers or via an optical S/PDIF. Both of these connection which will send all audio channels to the surround system in a digital format that most receivers will understand. This will ensure the best possible sound quality and eliminate a lot of connectivity issues.

My advice is to get a new receiver (and if you like Denon, either 1910 or the 1911 are excellent choices) and give your Zotac another chance. If you are still unable to get a satisfactory result (very unlikely) you may change that with something else.
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
chrissitoelle Wrote:good morning everybody

My problem with my First zotac Ion 330 Board was that i could not get Sourround working over 3,5 jacks !

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88345

There were even reported problems with av reciever configs, that i want to turn now everything to tested Hardware and sell my old Teufel system with that 3,5 jacks and that crappy zotac board with its sound output problems and buy fresh, tested Hardware

Best regards

Christoph

€dit: added Link

How were you expecting to get surround working over 3.5? How are you connecting it to your stereo? Could you post a photo of how you are connecting?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I find it quite strange: lots of people recommend those Zotac machines/motherboards, lots of people are extremely happy with them.

Have you already checked that in the alsamixer config nothing is muted? Also, I don't know if in live you can open pavucontrol or gnome-volume-control. Those 2 have setups that let you config analog out stereo, 2.1, 5.1, etc..
I'm guessing that he has a 3.5MM to RCA cable, is trying to export 5.1 and wondering why only 2 channels is coming out.

Code:
darkscout Wrote:I'm guessing that he has a 3.5MM to RCA cable, is trying to export 5.1 and wondering why only 2 channels is coming out.

I use an Teufel concept E Magnum which has 3 of that chinch connectors which you plug in your soundcard with that 3.5 connectors Smile

I checked alsamixer and all that stuff but nothing worked.. there are severeal threads to sourround problems with this board under xbmc live
PatrickVogeli Wrote:I find it quite strange: lots of people recommend those Zotac machines/motherboards, lots of people are extremely happy with them.

Have you already checked that in the alsamixer config nothing is muted? Also, I don't know if in live you can open pavucontrol or gnome-volume-control. Those 2 have setups that let you config analog out stereo, 2.1, 5.1, etc..

should i try first to do an full install of ubuntu and add xbmc after ?

the alsamixer has nothing muted.. the config does not fit to my speakers and i am to stupid to fix this :/

if you have an idea or you can even fix it I would like to give you ssh access Smile

best regards

Christoph
Except, correct me if I'm wrong, don't the Zodac boxes only have 1x3.5mm connector?

Maybe start with aplay and speaker-test to see if you can figure it out. I've never used analog out of my sound before. Get yourself a cheap reciever that will do 5.1 and take Coax/SPDIF. You don't need anything fancy. I got one from a thrift store now that people are upgrading to 7.1 or fancier stuff. It does AAC3 and DTS pass through, which is plenty. You should be able to reuse your speakers.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:Except, correct me if I'm wrong, don't the Zodac boxes only have 1x3.5mm connector?

He may be using a Zotac mainboard with 6 channel analog output, but I agree, S/PDIF is the way to go, either Coax or Optical.
I'd try with a standard ubuntu install. You can boot up the live cd/usb and try from there.
chrissitoelle Wrote:Good Morning everybody out there !

I want to buy new HTPC hardware because of extreme compatibility Problems with my Zotac ION 330

The Budget does not matter, I just want to stick everything together, install xbmc and start playing my stuff ! Big Grin

I would Like to use an dedicated Graphics adapter like an gt430 or anything else which can use HDMI to send the Audio Signal to the 5.1 A/V Reciever from denon or what else you would buy. I also Need an absolute compatible Mainboard, does not matter if Intel oder AMD, it should just perform well Nod

So this is what I need from you:

Compatible Graphics Card with HDMI for Video and Audio
Compatible Mainboard (would like to see something compatible for an Antec NSK 2480)
compatible A/V Reciever (would like if Denon 5.1 series work ?!)

I already got from my old Mediacenter:

Memory
Harddisk
Bluray drive
PSU

Thank you for your Suggestions

Christoph

This is my personal HTPC I built last month, everything works extreamly smooth....

Case: Silverstone Grandia Series GD058
CPU COoler: Silverstone NT01-E
Video: EVGA GT 430
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 610e (2.4ghz, 45w)
Power: Silverstone Nightjar 400w
Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
Blu-Ray: Samsung SH-B083L/BSBP
Solid State Drive: OCZ Vertex 2 (100gb)
Remote: Rosewill WMC Remote and Receiver (I use the receiver with my Logitech 880 remote, works flawless)

Soon as the price comes down i'm going to put in a tuner card that supports cable cards which allows you to record up to 4 shows at once.

This setup cost me around $1000 but works flawless and is extremely quiet, you can't even hear it when you put your head up to the case.

BTW, I use a Denon AVR 2808ci receiver, i just run my HDMI from my HTPC into the Denon then into my 60" HDTV.

Right now i'm looking to figure a way to build HTPC's for other family members but trying to keep the price around $200-$250..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC + AV Reciever config, want maximal compability with 10.0 live !0