No mute Indicator on Screen?!
Lightbulb 
I've been using the night skin for a while now but what bothers me that when I press the mute button on my remote the skin does not show it on screen like any other skin! The "purity" night mod acts in a same manner.

I can make the graphics required but how and where to put it and what XML files to edit that I do not know!

If no one has the time to do it then can they be kind enough to tell me what to do then I will be happy to do the fix myself. I can then submit the fix so that it can be released in the next update if required :-)

Xbmc passion is updating the night skin but no one seems bothered by the fact that the skin does not indicate that the sound is muted.

Cheers,
EG.
I dont like them I find them annoying in anything - TV's, DVD's, XBMC Skin's, etc...:

1. 95% of the time I know I muted it, why do I need an icon taking up real estate
2. the other 5% I didn't know, a simple press up on the volume and I know where I'm at...

Those are my thoughts atleast...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I dont like them I find them annoying in anything - TV's, DVD's, XBMC Skin's, etc...:

1. 95% of the time I know I muted it, why do I need an icon taking up real estate
2. the other 5% I didn't know, a simple press up on the volume and I know where I'm at...

Those are my thoughts atleast...

Some times I am testing audio hardware and audio setups, it's not practical to just press the up volume button everytime I want to check the volume is not muted, also there are other situations in the past that frustrated me just because the mute is not indicated.

I am not asking you to do it for me :-). If you can just tell me general guide lines on what's needed I will be very grateful.

Anyways Thanks, I can understand if you do not have time for a simple how-to.

Cheers,
EG.
Check if I have code in dialogmutebug.xml? I might have something coded but <!-- commented --> out. I probably just deleted all the contents of that .xml though...

mcborzu Wrote:Check if I have code in dialogmutebug.xml? I might have something coded but <!-- commented --> out. I probably just deleted all the contents of that .xml though...

Thanks a lot, I found it and it works :-)

I really Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Thanks a lot, I found it and it works :-)

I really Appreciate your help.

Cheers,
EG.

Really? Guess I'll check it out when I'm off work, I'm curious now...

mcborzu Wrote:Really? Guess I'll check it out when I'm off work, I'm curious now...

Yes, I removed the <!-- --> then it worked, but its not skin native. Anyways it works and thats what I want :-)

EDIT: I also done the same in Purity and it works.

Cheers,
EG.
I was able to rewrite the DialogMuteBug.xml so that I can use the native mute icon.

I did it for both Night and Purity mod and it works like it should be now Big Grin

any chance you can tell me how to extract and compile textures.xbt, simply because the mute icon are White in night and I want to change its colour to blue. In Purity the mute icon has the correct color.

or if you can provide the source media files I would be able to compress them to .xbt by using blackbolt's XPR Express if it still works.

EDIT:

Cheers,
EG.
I feel kinda the same as mcborzu, but sometimes I'm in one of does days (really tired or ...) and mute has been prove to be a great: OMG cant believe I'm that brain dead!!! Rofl

Beside I didn't knew of this dialogmutebug.xml.

In the other hand I don't like a freaking icon telling me all the time that I have no sound, even less one as ugly as the one of confluence or the one mcbrozu use Blush. So I`ve made this little code/animation that I find the less annoying:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<window id="113">
    <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
    <controls>
        <control type="label">
            <posx>1265</posx>
            <posy>80</posy>
            <width>230</width>
            <height>89</height>
            <align>right</align>
            <font>DejaVuSans_Bold_16</font>
            <textcolor>ffff0000</textcolor>
            <label>[b]$LOCALIZE[31073][/b]</label>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="80" delay="2000" time="2000" loop="true" pulse="true" condition="Player.Muted">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>![Window.IsActive(screensaver) | Window.IsActive(slideshow)]</visible>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
elitegamer360 Wrote:I was able to rewrite the DialogMuteBug.xml so that I can use the native mute icon.

I did it for both Night and Purity mod and it works like it should be now Big Grin

any chance you can tell me how to extract and compile textures.xbt, simply because the mute icon are White in night and I want to change its colour to blue. In Purity the mute icon has the correct color.

or if you can provide the source media files I would be able to compress them to .xbt by using blackbolt's XPR Express if it still works.

Cheers,
EG.

Change line 27 to:

<colordiffuse>mainblue</colordiffuse>

mcborzu Wrote:Change line 27 to:

<colordiffuse>mainblue</colordiffuse>

Ohh, I remember trying something similar, but it did not work. Anyways will try this tonight!

EDIT: Worked fantastically, I owe you one :-)

Thank you,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No mute Indicator on Screen?!0