• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
this is a brilliant addon, very fun although for some reason some of the titles are not linking up to the covers on the left.. may be my library though.
ohhhh ok ! I got it
HEre is my contribution ! A French translation (approximatively and need to be tested because I don't have any movie in my db)

http://pastebin.com/nNtgdcsv
The addon looks great; we're really starting to see some amazing ideas coming to life in our home theatres and such. (...makes me wish I knew Python better)

Unfortunately, I can't get this to run...hehe In your preview video, it seems the right-most block on the splash screen should list the number of movies, etc in my library...but it just has the header "Collection trivia"...nothing else. Movies display properly in my library; is there anything else I should try?

Does this addon print to the log? ...or debug log? Anything I can provide to help diagnose my trouble? Thanks for your help...and for the addon in general. Can't wait to try it out.
share your xbmc.log file in the root path of your XBMC user folder
Seems to be an issue with pysqlite2? This is a Windows 7 machine.

Code:
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795586560  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795586560  NOTICE:   File "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\gui.py", line 180, in onAction
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795578368  NOTICE: print "SplashDialog.onAction " + str(action)
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795578368  NOTICE:   File "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\gui.py", line 168, in onInit
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795578368  NOTICE: movies = self.database.fetchone('SELECT COUNT(*) AS count, (SUM(c11) / 60) AS total_hours FROM movie')
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795578368  NOTICE:   File "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\quizlib\db.py", line 31, in fetchone
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: c.execute(sql, parameters)
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: pysqlite2._sqlite
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: .
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: OperationalError
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: :
15:37:55 T:7808 M:795574272  NOTICE: no such table: movie

---

Here's another run with debug logging turned on...perhaps there's something more informational here: http://pastebin.com/E8Nx4gmK
Another thing has come to mind; I use a MySQL database for all my XBMC installations. If this addon is trying to access the video database file on my machine...it doesn't exist. (...or if it does exist, it's empty...hehe)
If this could be integrated with the Cinema Experience script that would be sweet. Have this script run for the trivia portion. Imagine!
TheOddLinguist Wrote:Another thing has come to mind; I use a MySQL database for all my XBMC installations. If this addon is trying to access the video database file on my machine...it doesn't exist. (...or if it does exist, it's empty...hehe)

I didn't have a look in the code, but it is more than possible that it is the reason.
He seems to use SQLite for the requests (interpreting the error in your log) and he needs to use another library to open your remote MySQL database.

You point a new feature request :
- Add the ability to use a remote SQL database.
contributing the german translation...

https://code.google.com/p/translations-f...trings.xml

cheers
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
jtucker1972 Wrote:If this could be integrated with the Cinema Experience script that would be sweet. Have this script run for the trivia portion. Imagine!

You can combine this with HCE...

In the HCE options you can run a script before movie starts...

this is not exactly before the trivia, but should work quiet well...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:You can combine this with HCE...

In the HCE options you can run a script before movie starts...

this is not exactly before the trivia, but should work quiet well...

I tried configuring HCE Misc to point to the c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.moviequiz\addon.py file, but it didn't start.

Do I need to point it to a different file?
Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded a new version to github:
https://github.com/downloads/twinther/sc...-0.1.1.zip

A lot of stuff was changed, but it works pretty good on my htpc.
I added some new question types, most text is translated, and you can configure the numbers of questions as well as max. MPAA rating in the settings.

I'm planning to add a start menu to configure some of these things as well as a better 'game over' screen.

I also need to fix the video bookmarks, but htpc-tac gave me some ideas.
I might also take a look at mysql integration in the future. the sql queries I use are pretty generic afaik.

Br.
Tommy
I'm not sure how much work it would be but an option to add a non-interactive mode where it would just show you what the right answer is and not keep a score. The user can set it to either. This is in keeping with integrating it with HCE. Also, it would be nice that even if I get one wrong that it tells me which one was the correct answer.
Hi twinther,

I tested your new version yesterday and it worked very well! Keep on Nod

One issue which might be a special case:
I have some iso´s in my library. During the quiz instead of playing a part of the movie, the menue of the iso was played then. Not a big problem, but the question is then easy to answer Big Grin

Here are some of my suggestions which came to my mind:

Feature suggestion:

• Display the right answer after your answer was wrong.
  • A setting option only to ask for already watched movies?

Some question types to get more alternation:

• What´s the newest/oldest movie? (choose movies from newer/past year -+1)
  • Which actor was also in movie xy besides actor z?

Some more estimate questions for your library:
  • How many movies do you have for year xy?
  • How many studios/actors/ do you have in your db? (actors already on the initial screen, but who reads Wink )
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5