ATV2 XBMC database location?
Hello,

Could someone advise me where the XBMC database is located when running XBMC on an ATV2 jailbroken with a SeasonOnPass?

I have all my movies on my NAS and the ATV2 has had no problem finding them and downloading all the movie information, but I would like to know where too and also if it is possible to change the location of the database?

Thanks,

macap
Hi,
I had the same trouble...
If you SSH to your device using
Username: root
Password: alpine (unless you changed it)
UserData folder: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Changing the location might even work with the ln command... (man ln)
I am in the same situation. I have XBMC 11.0 and ATV2 5.0.1
In System Info it shows I only have 92MB of free space left. I would like to move the movie information database to my NAS.
Any help would be appreciated.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=The_XBMC_Database

should be in ./userdata/database,
If your database is taking up too much space and you can't free up anymore on your ATV2 (I dont have one)
you may need to migrate to using mySQL somewhere on your NAS.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...g_up_MySQL
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Thanks for your very fast reply!!!

I had a look at those links and unfortunately it all seems greek to me. I don't have much experience with command lines and editing. I was hoping there was an option in the XBMC system menu where you could select your NAS to be your storage or the flash drive on ATV2. I will read those links in more detail.

Thanks again.
I figured I have gotten lots of help on the forums and trying to be a little more active 'giving back', help out the moderators / devs and all the others on here.

Its not that daunting, and not too much command line either. Also if you google and/or search the wiki/forums, you may find other alternative walk throughs that maybe jive with you a little better. Chances are what you're asking was already asked by someone else. But some people have different flavors they like to learn from.
MySQL is a few clicks on the installer, a line edit here/there and a couple of commands, dont freak out too early. If you can j/b ur ATV2 ought to be able to handle mySQL.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I seriously doubt your database is too big. It would get too slow before it ran out of room.
The root partition normally does not have much space but xbmc does not use that.

Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...e.2Fmemory
It's not too abnormal to have a library so big that thumbnails and artwork alone max out the ATV2's internal memory. In such a case, g-off's link to the FAQ does mention some ways to deal with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 XBMC database location?0