Transformers works in VLC but not XBMC
I have a revenge of the fallen bluray mp4 rip. Its plays fine in vlc but stutters like crazy during parts on xbmc. I have a 2.3 ghz dual core 2gig ram. 8800gt video card. running windows 7.
Any ideasHuh? different codec packsHuh
Did you turn on DXVA in system->video->playback.
Surely there must be some other issue as I'd have thought his dual core would be ample in decoding the rip. maybe a debug log would be helpful? I'm sure someone else will ask for one if you're still having issues with it.
yup, i have the dxva on. i have other 1080p files w/ dts or dd5.1 that play fine. i found an avatar 720P that does the same thing though. but if its on stereo audio it plays fine, only when i switch to 5.1 it starts jumping around. I dunno....
Ill have to look into how to run debug scripts, maybe that will tell me something.
I have the exact same problem with Revenge of the Fallen too. All my other Blu Ray rips play fine. Very irritating.

I thought it might be a graphics problem as I was running an integrated ATI HD3300 but I swapped it for a GT 430 and it's still just as bad.
Have you been messing around with "Sync playback to display"? If the issue only crops up when using a particular sound output, that seems the likeliest suspect to me, though I would assume a debug log would be helpful here.

Also, fyi, codec packs are totally worthless to both XBMC and VLC, as both programs use their own internal codecs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transformers works in VLC but not XBMC0