Ordered Parts For First HTPC
Hi estro - I should qualify "slow" - it is slow relative to most other skins and is slow enough that it annoys me. (I use Back Row at the moment and that flies in comparison). It is not "un usable" slow.
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
go back to default CONFLUENCE and it'll be even faster Smile
bmcclure937 Wrote:There is no need to put down other members of the community, who are simply trying to help someone. If you do not like their advice, then kindly recommend alternative options and back up your choices with logical reasoning (rather than insults) NoRolleyes

Eskro has helped many people with their custom HTPC builds. Sometimes I do not agree with his hardware choices either, but I will kindly suggest alternatives. To each his own, everyone has an opinion and idea of what is the best hardware. In many cases it simply boils down to personal choice and budget.

Very nicely said. I was about to post something but you said it perfect. Eskro opened my mind in other things that are possible if you wan't to go that way. His very helpful when I need help. Wink
thank you so much guys for the support, i knew i could count on you aLL Smile

-eSkRo-
yes eskro has been very helpful to me and I very much appreciate it.
thank you spencer785 Smile
Question 
PANiCnz Wrote:Your posts nearly impossible to read, and your advice is poor, I tend to skim over them to retain my sanity.
Then put him in your ignore list but don't force other users to read your rude remarks. Incidentally, you define his posts as impossible to read and fail at a basic subject-verb construction. Pot-kettle-black anyone?

Live and let live.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Alright I finally got all the parts and put everything together. I couldn't believe how small the case and motherboard where when I got them, I know they were small but wow. The case is a little tight, between the power supply and the cpu there is maybe 1mm so there almost touching. I have been watching the temps and it idles between 29-35 and the highest I have seen the temp is 55. I installed the SSD in the front 3.5 drive bay and installed a Noctua 120mm fan with ULNA adapter on the side blowing right on the cpu and motherboard to help cool it. The fan fits but was very hard to get in the side had to kind of bend the top of the case a little to not have it push on the fan and make it grind. The Computer is very quiet with all the fans going. Cable management is not very good with this case at all. But overall the build went fine and works great. Now for the performance I installed Windows 7 64bit on it and with the ssd it boots in like 10-15 seconds crazy!!!. During 720p and 1080p HD Movies the cpu never goes over 15%. I'm currently using XBMC with Aeon MQ2 Skin and Boxee and still have 35gb Free on the 60gb SSD. This computer is obviously overkill for what i'm using it for but I love it. Thanks for everybodys help and support on this forum especially eskro.
spencer785 Wrote:Thanks for everybodys help and support on this forum especially eskro.
Hey no prob spencer785!!

Congratz!!

If you feel like it, take some pictures to show it off Smile

inside looks, in dark looks, everywhere Smile

Im Curious too see!
ashlar Wrote:Then put him in your ignore list but don't force other users to read your rude remarks.

+1 ashlar Smile
spencer785 Wrote:alright i finally got all the parts and put everything together.

yay! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ordered Parts For First HTPC0