removing duplicate listings
Hello,

I notice that in movies I have many duplicate listings, some of them three or four times. I do not want to delete them directly from the GUI as it asks to delete the files as well as the listings, and I believe in most if not all cases I only have one copy of the files. Can someone please walk me through the process of using the file manage and deleting duplicate movie names. I tried going into the database indirectly using Sqlitespy but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete a row. Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings

Choose 'clean library'
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I already did that with no change resulting. I'm not sure, but I think those duplicated may have occurred in the past when I got the message, "unable to access files," or words to that effect in Video shares and chose to add the share again to regain access. I thinking I may have every movie on a single share listed twice in the Movies section but not on any single share in the Videos section.
Happened to me a lot. Go to the databases subdirectory, delete the video database manually, restart and reimport. It's the best method I know.
Hello,
Thanks again. Could you spell out exactly how I go about doing this. I spent hours manually searching and downloading images to add as thumbs and fanart that imdb.com and the other one didn't supply. Will I be back to square one as far as that is concerned?
It will only delete files if you have enabled XBMC to do so this is off by default in any case that's a yes no question choose no and it wont delete the file or disable that function

Settings > Appearance > Files Lists, uncheck "Allow file renaming and deletion"

If your duplicates are because you have added the same source twice then remove one source and use clean library, clean library only removes entries from library when it can no longer find them

If your db is messed up and you want to start again but don't want to loose your artwork then export your library to separate files first then it will add the artwork and nfo in with your media

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
removing duplicate listings0