XBMC Visualization Competition
think the bug by fix questor/fused for xmldocument.cpp (link) needs to be implemented into cvs first, also means all vis need to be recompiled
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
reminder: last submission date for xbmc vis contest is this sunday, so far three entries has been submitted; fountain, saville and g-force
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
if you don't receive anymore entries:

my vote would be to give g-force more than one maybe 3 or 4 of the x3 chips.  it really looks sweet.  fountain was second in my opinion; it was my default until g-force.  and seville... really wasn't my taste, but i'm happy someone took the time to do it.

maybe keep the remaining chips for future submissions! first come first serve basis.

anyways i like g-force and so much i'm making another donation.  that was the last thing i was yearning for.  but then you went along and added kai("unsupported") integration (works great btw). wow!

if you can't code donate! support in anyway you can!  if you can't code or donate, write a kick ass tutorial for one of the functions of xbmc.

thank you dev's, tech support, and everyone else who has contributed time or money to best piece of homebrew period for the xbox!

djlink
Smile
so are they available for download!!! if they are where??
(saturn_one @ april 17 2004,20:47 Wrote:so are they available for download!!! if they are where??
they are in the cvs, but you need a very recent xbmc to use em.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thank i already got my hand on gforce! Smile , now could someone tell me how can i get a hold of the developer, because the visul. seems to have alot of diffrent styles which it reads from the text file and switches between them after a couple seconds, i wannted to know if there is a way that u could limit it to the styles u like the most!!!
i know u could remove the extra styles from the directory but there are 50 or more of them how to know which one is which!
i have just submitted my entry for the vis competition. i uploaded it to sourceforge and put it in the x3-vis category. i hope that is where i was to submit it. anyways this is my first attempt at any vis and so please be gentle. it is called starburst and is basically a circular spectrum analyzer (looks like a starburst hence the name). this is version 0.5 and i am planning to implement this in 3d with fog and particle effects (as soon as i can figure out why those features aren't working). if you need to contact me you can reach me via aim at darkmadda or via email at [email="[email protected]."][email protected].[/email] enjoy! :d
saturn_one: i've many ideas with gforce, but some trouble in reallife... what i want to implement when i've left some time: beside an fps-display some possibility to display the current script-names. because there are scripts that don't work right. another idea: you can say the plugin the actual script-combination is good or bad and the plugin saves the infos and selects presets based on this...
dinomight: post your problems, sometimes the problems are not in the plugin itself, but in the combination xbmc<->plugin because the plugin uses functions not used (and tested) until now..
please keep the support requestest and feature suggestion in the right spot. this thread is for ppl interested in doing a viz for xbmc. Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hey guys i have been making some changes to my starburst vis but i am having some trouble with it. it loads and displays properly but after about 30 secs of play my vis flickers and then dies. xbmc usually dies shortly after that. i was wondering if someone might be able to give me some guidence. i would prefer to get help via aim or msn messengers (its faster than forums.) my sn's are darkmadda (aol) and [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] (msn). if you think you might be able to help please contact me. thanks guys
looking at the code that is in cvs at the minute it looks like you are creating a vertexbuffer during every render call but are only releasing it in the start and stop functions.

you probably don't want to be creating a vertex buffer every frame and memcpying your data into it anyway. either create the vertexbuffer once at the start and write you data directly into or use drawprimitiveup.
you definitely do no want to be create a vertex buffer each frame. you're better off creating a vb and locking it then updating geometry than using drawprimitiveup though, especially if your data changes less than once per frame.

something else to consider - when updating vertex (and texture) data, try to write every byte in the buffer sequentially, even if they haven't changed - writing every byte is much faster than say every other byte or every other float or such due to the way write combining memory works.

Thumbs Up 
last submission date has now passed, 6 entries received (listed here in no particular order as everyone of them is a winner):

fountain, by (and winner): nmrs
saville, by (and winner): nmrs
g-force, by (and winner): questor/fused
starburst, by (and winner): dinomight
boxalizer, by (and winner): mynci
tripex, by (and winner): ben marsh (note! tripex isn't working yet in xbmc but we decided to award ben with a prize anyway)
congratulations to all the winners and thank you very much for your work, we hope you will continue develop for xbmc Image

i'm still waiting for a reply from team-xecuter on when they will have the x3 ready for shipping to the winners of this contest,
(i will post a news post when we have the chips ready for shipping, or at least when a exact eta been cleared with xecuter).
ps! we love if there was directx/direct3d guru developer out there that could please help us get tripex to work in xbmc? Image
hey guys,
i wanted to let you guys know that i have update the starburst plugin (i uploaded it to sourceforge). it is now version 0.75 which includes some major changes from the first iteration. i have fixed the mem bugs (thanks to the guys in this post for the help) (i have run it successfully for over 8 hours without a crash). i have also added the ability to configure this vis via an xml file. i hope you guys enjoy. look forward to version 1.0 (which should have 3d if i can figure it out).
enjoy,
dylan
just thought you guys might be interested in this, an open source milkdrop conversion:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthr....=175336

it's a copy/re-implementation, not a port of the original.  but might come in handy for viz freaks Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Visualization Competition0