[MAC] Apple Remote, updating library etc
Hey guys. Currently, I'm using XBMC on my iMac, and on two different Windows-based computers. On the Windows ones I can use the MCE remote and it's all good (apart from some minor troubles, but that can be fixed if I fiddle a little with the settings.

But on the Mac, I only have the Apple remote to control things. And well.. It's limited. How am I supposed to get the library updated and things like that when using it on Mac, if I don't have a keyboard available to me? I'm asking in part because I want to load up an AppleTV2 with XBMC, but it has to be "fully functional" if there's gonna be a point.
Take a look at Remote Buddy. You can define behaviours for "press" and "press & hold" for each of the 7 buttons (on the aluminium Apple remote). Therefore with a total of 14 actions available I've managed to configure my remote to satisfy 99% of what I want XBMC to do. However, that's for a Mac Mini though, not entirely sure whether it'll run on an ATV2? Alternatively, there are other remotes like the Harmony One that should also work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Apple Remote, updating library etc0