[WINDOWS] Problem with ATI HDMIAudio on Win7 x64
Question 
Hello,

I have a RADEON HD 3200 MOBO (AMD 780G). The sound is played through HDMI.
I Have an annoying bug for a long time. I have never been able to solve it, and was wondering if you could have an idea :
Most of the time, when the computer boots, I have no sound through HDMI. when it happens, I can fix it by :
- unplug, replug my hdmi cable
- in windows, set power mode for monitor to off, and then back on (I Use eventghost for this one)

If I hibernate my computer, I also get the same problem on resume, but far less often.

When the problem occurs, the hdmi Audio doesn't appear in the windows audio device list.

I have the latest ATI drivers, on Win7 x64.

Thanks for your help !
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
I had the same problem with my ATI 4200 on my HP G61 laptop, but just updated the ATI Catalyst drivers and it seems to have went away.
I'm having the same problem but with Nvidia Geforce GT430. No solution as yet.
I Think that perhaps the tv/monitor might be the cause.
It might not report its audio capabilities when the computer boots.

It's just an idea ...

My TV is a sony 46W4000 or w4500, (not sure).
What's yours ?

Also, yesterday, I have disabled the integrated audio chipset in the bios (I do not need it since I only use hdmi for audio). It's a realtek chip.
The next 3 boots went fine ... I will let you know if I still experience the problem.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
I have the exact same Mobo and could not get the HDMi audio to work. Tried all the drivers I could find as well as the latest Catalyst. This is how I managed to crack it:

1. Reininstalled win7. probably not necessary, but I wanted a clean slate.
2. Installed Catalyst EXCLUDING the audio driver. Must select custom install.
3. Installed the REALTEK HDMi audio driver (R2.55)
4. Select REALTEK HDMi audio devise in XBMC audio settings.

Worked like a charm. Full HDMi audio in Windows and XBMC.

Cheers
Gareth
I think my issue has been resolved. I disabled all audio devices that I did not need & it appears to have fixed it. I hope other people have the same luck.
I also think the problem is due to conflicts between audio devices. I heven't experienced the problem since I have disabled the realtek audio chipset in my bios.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Problem with ATI HDMIAudio on Win7 x640