59Hz/60Hz
I have the actual git 29.01.2011 on my AppleTV2. I have several MKV movies, but they play a little bit choppy, not absolutely smooth. Is there a Setting for HZ-switching. My wdtv plays everything perfectly!!
If they are 1080p then this is a known issue. Playback is not perfect just yet but we can hope that it will be in the future.
No they are 720p
The WDTV is a more powerful device. How many reference frames have those files got? Post mediainfo result please
It is a NTSC/pal issue, i think. It is the Same choppyness like if i play on wdtv on 50hz setting. If i Switch to 60hz it plays perfectly. So it seems that my Appletv runs on 50hz and i want to change that.
at 50Hz it should accelerate to 25fps while at 60Hz should do reverse telecine
Can you not change the ATV settings to 60Hz?
I dont know where. There is no setting for that. In the Releaseversion of xbmc there was a setting for the resolution, but its not there in the 012911 version. Any ideas?
I'm having this issue too.

I've tested several 720p .mkv movies, and all play in a very 'choppy' way. It's kind of hard to describe, but every 5-10 seconds or so the speed seems to change.

It's especially noticable during panning shots or when watching the end credits: The pace is not steady.
It looks like when watching 30fps movies on a PAL (50Hz) television set.

Any ways to change the output format?
I have now reproduced the issue on my Popcorn Hour (NMT).

If I set the video output to 29.97Hz or 59.94Hz everything's fine.

But when I change the output to 60Hz the choppy framerate occurs.

Is 29.97Hz / 59.94Hz output possible on the ATV2?
acidduck Wrote:Is 29.97Hz / 59.94Hz output possible on the ATV2?

AFAIK only 60 Hz output is possible at the moment.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91790
It seems that every movie with 25fps plays fine while every movie with 23,9... plays not smooth. The curious thing is that the 60hz mode of the wdtv with the same movies plays fine. So if xbmc plays only 60hz why doesn't it play my movies fine?
Maybe 60hz mode on your WD is in fact 59hz mode?

As I wrote: 60hz mode on my popcorn hour does in fact reproduce the issue.
So does nobody have an idea to eliminate that issue with the settings in xbmc. Maybe a setting I haven't tried yet
You wouldnt believe but the 02-01 nightly from meshuga did the job great. The microstutter is gone!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it, but no difference here.

HOWEVER... Then I tried setting av sync method to video clock (drop dupe) and that seems to eliminate the choppiness. Smile Not sure if that also was the case in the previous build?

Anyway Im pretty happy with the improvement Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
59Hz/60Hz0