Slow GUI (but normal video playback)
>>X<<' Wrote:That post is more than a year old all you need to do now is add the advancedsetting and XBMC will convert them for you and to answer the first post all images are cached locally and its those that are converted note this takes quite some time and generates much larger files

If the MSI U230 has an ati card its worth turning on debug to make sure its not running at 100% in the GUI

Hi, have been a bit busy so haven't had time to try some of the ideas here until now. I tried to find a "debug window" within the ATI software but no luck, is it perhaps not quite obvious?

I did turn on the XBMC debug and notice that when I try scrolling around to different menus and shows it shoots up to 100% CPU (shouldn't the GPU be picking up some of the slack? I dbl chkd and i do have it enabled in XBMC). I also went ahead and added <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> to my advancedsettings.xml then cleaned the library (with my media offline so as to remove the old stuff [hopefully?]) and am now having it reget the show info from my NAS. So far it doesn't seem to be helping the speed and my computer still seems to be choking when scrolling through tv show listings
>>X<<' Wrote:It takes quite a long time to encode the .dds file you cant just add the setting and then scroll through your movies and expect them all to be done straight away you need to leave it for a while

Check in the below location and your see whether you have as many dds files as you do tbn

\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart

on top of that there's all the poster dds that need to be done also this all takes time, and it will make a difference because you GPU does the work and not the CPU

Hi, I just took a look at the script to create DDS files and it occured to me that a GUI program like Xn can read .tbn files (which are just jpgs with a diff extension) and it can write .dds files so is there any reason I can't just use Xn to convert all the fanart/tbn etc files over to dds? (I can tell Xn to find all jpg/tbn files, select them, then batch convert all of them to .dds).

Anywho, just thought I'd ask to see if i could save myself a bit of time.

Cheers (and thanks),

-Gaiko

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow GUI (but normal video playback)0