NAS help
Hey guys (New member here) I just ordered a NAS myself as well. I ordered the TonidoPlug...similar to the pogoplug and I was wondering if anyone noticed better performance from SMB Sharing via there NAS. Currently my HDs are connected to my Macbook and then I SMB share to my ATV2. Performance is pretty good....besides the xvid and some m4v files (surprisingly). So I'm hoping that this little NAS device will help with the buffering I get from the m4v files (I just re-encoded one to see if it will not buffer this time with handbrake...as I don't have many m4v files (like 10 or so)....but I don't want to I have to) Anyways I was just wondering if anyone with a NAS noticed the buffering was less prevalent? Or do you think hardwiring the ATV2 might be a better solution. Or could it be the m4vs itself? Sorry for the loaded question Tongue

My connection is 20DL and 2.5UL and it will be connected to a Cisco-Linksys WRT router.

PS: Overall this is my first time playing with XBMC....and I freaking love it. I've had to do some renaming but its worth it to see the glorious fanart, season thumbs etc. Elipsis is an amazing skin btw!
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good thread that explains in detail what the NAS does and what requirments for hardware are needed..

I'm a complete noobie and don't want to cloud up your forum....

thanks

ed
mccltd Wrote:Hi,

I have the TS-419P+ Qnap which I find great but is there anywhere/one that can tell me how I set it up with XBMC on an Apple TV.

Currenty I have Plex running on it but I want to try XBMC.
So far I cant work out in XBMC how i get it to see my Films and Tv show directories.

Main difference is you add your folders to plex scanner and those are being fed by plex server afterwards.

With Xbmc, you add your folders and specify content type and Xbmc pulls/plays directly from them afterwards.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I want to play Videofiles (Xvid,mkv,m2ts,ts,vob) and Musicfiles (mp3) on my apple Tv can i do that with an Nas without problems and can i see the Covers and Fanarts.

Most Wanted
Most Wanted Wrote:I want to play Videofiles (Xvid,mkv,m2ts,ts,vob) and Musicfiles (mp3) on my apple Tv can i do that with an Nas without problems and can i see the Covers and Fanarts.

Most Wanted

Yes you can play from NAS.

Don't know about m2ts, ts and vobs (did not try), other formats you mentioned plays just fine.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Yes you can play from NAS.

Don't know about m2ts, ts and vobs (did not try), other formats you mentioned plays just fine.

Thanks for the answer.
Anybody tested the other files(m2ts,ts,vob)??
m2ts Playback is very important for me anybody who tested it and can say that it worksHuh

mfg most Wanted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS help0