Installing scripts
hi im new to xbmc (first post here) ive been reading around but cant seem to figure out how to install scripts that are supposed to be from: http://www.ek-clan.vxcomputers.com/flashscripts/.

i have the 1/15/2005 build of xbmc.

so how do i install or set them up

thanks
ok what you have to do is extract the files you donwwloaded to a folder , then connect to your xbox and where you have put xbmc create a directory called scripts and upload your files to there then browse to that direction on the xbox with myfiles and just press select on the .py file and it should work. :thumbsup:
this script is super!!!!

just a tip for the future; might be a cewl feature to add a search option (when possible).

thanks again for making my life better

:lol:
somtimes, scripts need to be exactly copied in the correct directory ! don't forget to edit the script and/or read the readme files
Hey guys,

I've downloaded the YouTube script and unzipped it, and then placed the 'YouTube' folder inside my /scripts/ folder, but when I go to my 'scripts' section within XBMC, it doesn't detect any scripts.

I've even tried using the file browser within XBMC but it just doesn't recognise the .py file. It just doesn't see anything!

Am I doing something wrong??

P.S. I'm running the latest built on my HTPC using Windows 7.
Look in the wiki for more information, bit most probably you installed it in the wrong place.
Depending on the type of install you did, you should copy your script either in:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\scripts
or C:\Program Files\XBMC\scripts

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Temhil Wrote:Look in the wiki for more information, bit most probably you installed it in the wrong place.
Depending on the type of install you did, you should copy your script either in:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XBMC\scripts
or C:\Program Files\XBMC\scripts

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Windows7 so I don't have any 'Documents and Settings' in my C:\.

Like I said, I've installed the "YouTube" folder into C:\Progam Files\XBMC\Scripts\ ... and when I run XBMC, it doesn't detect it!

In fact, it doesn't detect ANY scripts. Just tried it with Apple Movie Trailers.

Any other ideas?? I'm pretty disappointed how difficult something so simple like this is to get youtube functionality... It's one of the prime reasons that I built my HTPC.
Windows 7 is not officially released yet, so I would say it is pretty normal support of XBMC is not yet done on it.
My advice is to look where the profile for each user is stored in windows 7, my guess is that it would be here you will find an XBMC directory and the place where to copy your scripts and plugins.
You can also do a search for xbmc on your C drive, hopefully that would do the trick.
If you find the solution please keep us posted here, I am sure others will be interested by the solution.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing scripts0