Add xbmc to Startup
Question 
I read that people have problems adding xbmc to the Startup for the appliance feel. Well I just tried it on a Zotac ID40 with SSD and have a wireless keyboard to it and it works perfectly.

I turn on the machine and loads windows and pretty fast xbmc loads up in full screen and my keyboard works too.

So why is it that people have trouble? and want to install as shell? I don't get it.

Also im running the latest 10.0 ....
I have XMBC booting from startup with no problems. I just had to delay application start by 30secs so the windows explorer has a chance to completely load first.
With the SSD you maybe loading fast enough that XBMC is not getting minimized Like the other poster I have to delay XBMC for 15s.
Oh.... what program are you guys using to delay xbmc?
Beer40oz Wrote:Oh.... what program are you guys using to delay xbmc?

XBMC has a delay option built in. If you run:

XBMC.exe -d 10

then XBMC will delay for ten seconds before initialising. You can make the delay a larger or smaller number f sceonds as appropriate. You need to right click the shortcut you use to launch XBMC, select Properties and then add the -d 10 to the target.

JR
You can also use Task Scheduler in Windows. I'm using windows 7.
jhsrennie Wrote:XBMC has a delay option built in. If you run:

XBMC.exe -d 10

then XBMC will delay for ten seconds before initialising. You can make the delay a larger or smaller number f sceonds as appropriate. You need to right click the shortcut you use to launch XBMC, select Properties and then add the -d 10 to the target.

JR

Wow it works perfect if you need it. I might need it for my next install since I might be adding just a regular hard drive and no ssd. Thank you sir! Big Grin

Well on the SSD after installing AVG (virus software) I had to set it at -d 2 so that boots up and then xbmc.... pretty nice. But I could still use it with out the -d command but 2 seconds ain't a long time to make sure things boot up right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add xbmc to Startup0