[WINDOWS] No video play back
I have been using media center for quite some time, but with win MC not supporting ac3 I have been running into trouble playing many movies. Looking for a solution lead me back to good old xbmc.

Music plays, weather works, pictures pic, but videos only play audio, even the ac3! (yay!) But no video plays just a black screen, (OSD comes up, I can pause/FF, etc) so it seems solving my problem created a new one. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Don't laugh it works!)
Hardware:
Dell optiplex gx-240

P4 @ 1.50Ghz
Ram:768MB
Win xp pro sp3 fully updated (would be Linux but damn vid card!)
ATI x700 256MB DDR2 AGP x8
XBMC 10
klmcodec442

Win MC ran flawlessly with machine being on for days on end, watching movie after movie, just it will not play ac3.
Heya - I think this has what you're looking for. Specifically here.

And you can find those in System/ System/ Audio Output/ Audio Output switched from Analog to one of the other choices.

If still no, go, you'll want to grab a debug log and post a link to it back here.

Cheers!
Think we are talking about 2 different things...

Audio works fine on every format I have tried with XBMC, even ac3. I have no hdmi, no surround sound, when I use windows media center and try to play an xvid with ac3 the sound does not work, that is why I am trying XBMC.

When I play any video on XBMC the screen is black, the OSD comes up, the sound works just fine but no video playback. Any suggestions on how to get the video to work?

I am having no sound issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] No video play back0