Keyboard+mouse for htpc?
Hey,
I need keyboard+mouse (built in) for my htpc.
I have BT keyboard and mouse separately but its annoying finding surface for the mouse. I'm in a project of finding them packet together.

The ones I have on my mind are:
Logitech diNovo Mini and ProMini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard.

Any one was minding this same business and have some solution?
Thanks,
S@
I am thinking of getting the ProMini Wireless Bluetooth... I heard it's alright.
I have both and none of them is perfect. The diNovo Mini's build quality is very chep and it has failed me after 13 month of light use. The cursor keys use a single microswitch which has stopped working. Touchpad precision is a joke, you might as well plug a usb mouse and do the job.

The ProMini (aka Rii) is a much better option because is 1/2 price and build quality is better. Touchpad is excellent for a remote this size. Unfortunately it seems to suffer from the "iPhone 4 antenna issue", depending on how you hold it, the range varies significantly. I've learned to hold it differently and got used to it but it can become annoying. I have 2 of them and they both behave the same.
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
Hi

You should also check out the Lenovo Mini Wireless keyboard N5901. I have two to complement my Harmony remotes for the times I need a kb and they do the job nicely. Mouse/trackball is very accurate, range seems pretty good, nice feedback from the button presses, and good feel in hand. You can use it one or two handed depending on your needs. Only gripe I have is that the keyboard is not backlit.

From time to time you can find them on sale for $35-40.
HTPC #1: Acer AX3200-U3600A Slimline PC | Win7 64bit | AMD Phenom X3 | 4gb ram | 320gb hd | Onboard nvidia 8200 w/HDMI out

HTPC #2: HP Slimline S3220n | Win7 64bit | AMD X2 | 2gb ram | 160gb hd | Onboard nvidia 6150se (nforce 430) w/VGA out

Lenovo N5901 Mini Wireless KB | Harmony One & 650
maxinc Wrote:Unfortunately it seems to suffer from the "iPhone 4 antenna issue", depending on how you hold it, the range varies significantly.

I'm looking at getting the ProMini and one thing I have read is the bluetooth adapter that comes with it is really week. I would try using a different bluetooth adapter and see if the iPhone 4 like antenna issues go away.
I too am looking for a combo and I can tell you that in my research there are a lot of complaints about the diNovo Mini when it comes to quality vs price.

For the money, the pro mini looks very interesting and if I find any useful reviews I will post them here for you.

[edit]Wilda is correct. There seems to be some range issues and other complaints that could be due to the bluetooth. I wonder if even a beefed up bluetooth dongle would over come this. Bugger looks really cool for the money though!
I use this:

http://www.iogear.com/product/GKM561R/

Other than the trackball sticking sometimes it's not bad.
I wanted a diNovo for the styling but I went for the pro mini (rebranded version called Visiontek Candyboard) instead since it's a lot cheaper. I also got the RF version instead of BT. The reason is I only have a laptop and no other keyboards, and the RF version does not require any drivers and works just like a USB keyboard, so I can use it during the OS install etc. and avoid buying a cheap USB keyboard just for that purpose.
here's another thread looking at a bunch of mini keyboard options:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86010
boxr0xor Wrote:Hi

You should also check out the Lenovo Mini Wireless keyboard N5901. I have two to complement my Harmony remotes for the times I need a kb and they do the job nicely. Mouse/trackball is very accurate, range seems pretty good, nice feedback from the button presses, and good feel in hand. You can use it one or two handed depending on your needs. Only gripe I have is that the keyboard is not backlit.

From time to time you can find them on sale for $35-40.

same setup for me. lenovo / harmony combo. works great for my bedroom setup.

aside from the lack of backlight keyboard, the lenovo doesn't have F keys either. not that i'd ever use them even if i did have them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard+mouse for htpc?0