XBMC, EventGhost & 2 RF Remotes
So I have XBMC running on my computer, and my brother has XBMC running on his. We have a seedbox that is networked and that's how we can both watch the collection of movies.

We both bought Snapstream Firefly remotes to use and have worked without any problems. The problem I have now is that I decided to give EventGhost a try and I was able to configure everything just fine.

The problem I'm having now though is that when my brother uses his remote in his bedroom, my RF receiver picks his remote and makes changes. The way we had them both working before is that with Snapstreams software you can actually assign an RF channel to each remote to prevent them from interfering with one another.

Does anyone know if there's a way to set a certain frequency on EventGhost? I really don't want to go back to installing Snapstreams software which is very limited as to what you can do with it.

Thanks
I take it nobody has run into this problem before?

The only reason I haven't posted this in the EventGhost forum is because they closed registration due to too many spambots.
(2011-02-01, 05:16)hacku Wrote: I take it nobody has run into this problem before?

The only reason I haven't posted this in the EventGhost forum is because they closed registration due to too many spambots.

I'm in the same situation now and found this thread. Did you come up with a solution ?

Apologize for the necropost here but I came up with the solution and wanted to put it here for those searching.

Snapstream beyond media basic has a remote channel ID in the settings menu. I set one to use channel 7 and one to channel 15. Then on each of the systems configure the X10 plugin to only use the respective IDs and voila!

How to prevent interference between multiple FireFly remotes
Posted by - NA - on 28 December 2005 07:52 AM

DESCRIPTION:
When using a FireFly remote within range of more than one FireFly receivers, one remote control will affect both computers. This occurs because the FireFly remote by default transmits on "channel 9" and the FireFly receiver by default accepts transmissions on ALL "channels." This article describes how to change the "channels" of the FireFly remote and of the receiver.

ARTICLE:
1) Start by going to the SETTINGS menu in Firefly, or the SETTINGS --> FIREFLY SETTINGS menu in Beyond Media (Basic).

2) Select the "Remote Channel" setting and use the LEFT / RIGHT buttons on your remote to change the "Channel" value. Valid selections for this option are 1 through 16 and "all channels," which is the default.

3) When you have selected the "Channel" you desire, hit the OK button on the FIreFly remote.

4) The on-screen instructions will guide you the rest of the way. If for some reason they do not display or are accidentally skipped:

a) Press and hold the FireFly button on your remote until the LED begins to flash slowly. Release the Firefly button. The number of times the LED flashes is the current remote ID (or "channel number").

b) The LED will remain lit. Using the FireFly remote, enter the number you selected in the previous menu, and press the FireFly button.
The LED will then flash that many times, confirming the setting.
(2012-05-05, 05:34)argh! Wrote: How to prevent interference between multiple FireFly remotes
Posted by - NA - on 28 December 2005 07:52 AM

DESCRIPTION:
When using a FireFly remote within range of more than one FireFly receivers, one remote control will affect both computers. This occurs because the FireFly remote by default transmits on "channel 9" and the FireFly receiver by default accepts transmissions on ALL "channels." This article describes how to change the "channels" of the FireFly remote and of the receiver.

ARTICLE:
1) Start by going to the SETTINGS menu in Firefly, or the SETTINGS --> FIREFLY SETTINGS menu in Beyond Media (Basic).

2) Select the "Remote Channel" setting and use the LEFT / RIGHT buttons on your remote to change the "Channel" value. Valid selections for this option are 1 through 16 and "all channels," which is the default.

3) When you have selected the "Channel" you desire, hit the OK button on the FIreFly remote.

4) The on-screen instructions will guide you the rest of the way. If for some reason they do not display or are accidentally skipped:

a) Press and hold the FireFly button on your remote until the LED begins to flash slowly. Release the Firefly button. The number of times the LED flashes is the current remote ID (or "channel number").

b) The LED will remain lit. Using the FireFly remote, enter the number you selected in the previous menu, and press the FireFly button.
The LED will then flash that many times, confirming the setting.

Thank you. I found the same solution. I appreciate the post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, EventGhost & 2 RF Remotes0