TAG for Subtile language and Language handle
Hello,

i would suggest 2 features:
1. leverage audio language information in the NFO to be displayed as a TAG (just like the studio or the resolution for example.
2. leverage subtile info (in mkv files or in seperate file ) to display it in a dedicated TAG (just like the others)

Many thanks
Voldor Wrote:Hello,

i would suggest 2 features:
1. leverage audio language information in the NFO to be displayed as a TAG (just like the studio or the resolution for example.
2. leverage subtile info (in mkv files or in seperate file ) to display it in a dedicated TAG (just like the others)

Many thanks

This is already supported, the skin just has to implement it. The Alaska skin is an example of one that can show the audio language tag.
Voldor Wrote:1. leverage audio language information in the NFO to be displayed as a TAG (just like the studio or the resolution for example.

This is already possible as I've done mods for Aeon, Alaska and reFocus to add a "Primary Language" flag to the other flags. Displaying the primary subtiltes language should be possible as well but as I never use Subtitles I never cared about modding it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Could you send me your customization for AEON ?

I will try to replicate what you've done for the subtitle part and let you know.

For the implementation in Alaska is it available in Alaska or in Alaska revisited (this one i guess) ?
(because i tried the second one and it does seem to work ...)

Once again many thanks for your help.

PS: i already looked at you custo for Alaska here Montellese. But it seems to be not working for AEON. Am i right ? Btw where can i find documentation about how to customize AEON ?
Voldor Wrote:Could you send me your customization for AEON ?
Sorry I haven't used Aeon since when djh stopped working on it and haven't even installed it anymore so I don't have the mod anymore (but it's pretty straight forward).

Voldor Wrote:For the implementation in Alaska is it available in Alaska or in Alaska revisited (this one i guess) ?
(because i tried the second one and it does seem to work ...)
It should have been added to the standard Alaska version but I don't remember anymore.

Voldor Wrote:PS: i already looked at you custo for Alaska here Montellese. But it seems to be not working for AEON. Am i right ? Btw where can i find documentation about how to customize AEON ?
Obviously you can't use the exact same code in the exact same location as every skin is different but you should get the basic idea how you can access the language tag. I don't think there's any documentation on how to customize Aeon though. It's simple trial and error Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK to be a little bit more precise, in order to display flag correctly ( being able to customize skins) i would need this i would need updates on the available labels (current list can be found here if i'm not wrong:

ListItem.AudioLanguage(n) : returns the n audio language
ListItem.AudioLanguage(all) : returns all audio languages (ex: "fre / eng" )
ListItem.AudioLanguage(fre) : returns "fre" or empty string if no audio language for fre code.

and do the same for subtiltes:

ListItem.SubtitleLanguage(n) : returns the n subtilte language
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage(all) : returns all subtitle languages (ex: "fre / eng" )
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage(fre) : returns "fre" or empty string if no subtitle language for "fre" code.

because right now i'm only able to get the first subtitle and the first audio language.
I think the main problem with supporting multiple language/subtitle audio flags in skins is that there is barely enough space for the currently available flags and adding another (let alone more than one) flag to that list wouldn't fit into many skins.
yes bu at least having those info displayed in the detailed view of the movie could help.

We can also imagine prioriity rules saying that in case of multiple languages (subtitle and audio) you want to only display one (but not the first occurence in the NFO but the one the user prefer)

it would allow to have this for example :
NFO content:
AudioLanguage1 : French
AudioLanguage2 : English
SubtitleLanguage1 : English
SubtitleLanguage2 : French

Priority list for Audio Language : English, french
Priority list for Subtitle Language : French, English

Tag Displayed : English Audio - French Subtitle

What is your feeling about that ?
I know this is old topic, but I'm a newcomer and have the same wish. hope someone checks in to tell the final truth.
I did some diggin' found only this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83371
which refers to this topic
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid347704

currently I have a workaround which is quite messy, and uncomfortable as you need to run it every time you got new content added, modifying the SQL DB:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138653

I hope somone picks this up... maybe v12 will support?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TAG for Subtile language and Language handle0