Stuttering Issues
I am having interesting stuttering/playback issues. In my library I have SD DVDs backed-up as .ISO files, and Blu-Rays backed-up as .MKV files. The MKV files have a little bit of stuttering when you very first start the file while loading but very quickly proceed to play entirely normal. The ISO files however have a minor stutter through-out the movie. Typically it's not enough to detract from viewing the movie, but I find it an annoyance.

This issue has really only came to light in the 10.0 Camelot release, v9.11 and many of the svn nightlies leading up to 10.0 did not exhibit these issues. I've been lurking around here trying some of the solutions that have been listed here to different degrees of success. I've tried the Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video. With that enabled the SD content plays perfectly smooth as it should, however the HD MKV content gets significant stutters. When trying Sync Playback to Display the SD plays smooth, the MKV is smoother than the other setting but stutters significantly intermittently.

I am interested if anyone has experienced similar problems and found any solutions to resolve/improve the issues. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, and a big thanks to the XBMC crew and all they do to make and keep this software so great!

My Set-up: XBMC: 10.0 Camelot, Render Method-Auto, DXVA2 Enabled,
Hardware: Pentium E6500 Dual Core, EP45-UD3L Motherboard, 4GB Ram, Nvidia G210 Video connected, V0420E Vizio TV connected HDMI for Audio and Video to G210.
Try this list -it's not just for NVIDIA ION - just high-def play-back....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering Issues0