Can XBMC respond to more commands than just what the ATV2 remote does?
Hello,

Let me preface by saying that I am used to XBMC on an original XBOX. I use a Harmony One remote control for my original xbmc. Since I am trying to transition to the ATV2, I find myself very frustrated by its lack of buttons to do specific functions (discreet stop, fast forward, skip 10 minutes, etc). Is there a way to make the ATV2 work with the same command set I am used to having with my original xbox? Thanks in advance!
Not yet but I'm sure it is in the pipeline.

This version of XBMC has only been out for around a week. Give them a chance to get everything running.

At least it works at all (which up until very recently wasn't possible).

I'm definitely waiting for this feature as well.
It is hard work with just the remote.
I've installed XBMC Remote on my HTC Desire (Android Phone) and all commands work really well including scroll so I'm sure it's on the cards for more control because the functions are in the build.
They are working on it.. little hard since it isnt part of iOS...
Numus Wrote:They are working on it.. little hard since it isnt part of iOS...

A slightly different question.

The ATV1 had the ability to learn additional IR code sequences and people used that to add functions to the combination of a universal remote like a Harmony paired with XBMC.

Am I to understand that this is not possible with ATV2 because of the way IOS is written?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
ATV2 can learn additional remote codes, it's just a little hard to find and they don't appear to be available in XBMC at the moment.
unmesh Wrote:The ATV1 had the ability to learn additional IR code sequences and people used that to add functions to the combination of a universal remote like a Harmony paired with XBMC.

Can you point to where this info might be? This would be pretty handy.
Can't wait for this, until then android remote it is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC respond to more commands than just what the ATV2 remote does?0