MKV Files not listing
I've just started using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma). I've been using XBMC in some form on the original xbmc.

I am now using XBMC 10 on a Win7 install but cannot for some reason see MKV files under the video menu.

They play fine through windows (vlc) but have not been able to test them through XBMC yet.

Any help would be appreciated and if you require any more information please let me know what you need.
TheFonz Wrote:I've just started using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma). I've been using XBMC in some form on the original xbmc.

I am now using XBMC 10 on a Win7 install but cannot for some reason see MKV files under the video menu.

They play fine through windows (vlc) but have not been able to test them through XBMC yet.

Any help would be appreciated and if you require any more information please let me know what you need.

Hmm they work fine for me and i'm using XBMC 10.0 and win7 64bit... Only other thing I did was download the Divx Codec which allows Windows Media Player to play MKV files.. might try installing that and see if XBMC can then see them. (shrug)

You added the drive/directory where you have the movies located in XBMC setup right? thought i'd asked...
Wow don't I feel dumb!
The mkv file I was trying so desperately to use turned out to be corrupt!
xbmc, is so awesome it doesn't even show corrupt files!
VLC played the file, but stuffed up at about 10 minute mark.
Thanks for your post dan350zr!
Now on with scarping properly!
Cheers
dan350zr Wrote:Hmm they work fine for me and i'm using XBMC 10.0 and win7 64bit... Only other thing I did was download the Divx Codec which allows Windows Media Player to play MKV files.. might try installing that and see if XBMC can then see them. (shrug)

You added the drive/directory where you have the movies located in XBMC setup right? thought i'd asked...
Just to let you know that installing any type of codec won't affect XBMC playback. App is totally self-contained.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Files not listing0