Suggestion for movie browsing
Would it be possible to design something like cover-flow for browsing movies? Something like what Aeon has, where you can view a large wall of the cover images of the movies? I think that that would be a cool way to browse through the movies. I imagine it might be a pain to program, and also lag things up a bit, but I figured I'd suggest it and see what came from it.
I am not sure what you are trying to suggest... there are plenty of skins that offer this functionality! Wink
bmcclure937 Wrote:I am not sure what you are trying to suggest... there are plenty of skins that offer this functionality! Wink

Right, in the skins. I'm talking for in the remote app itself.

EDIT: I'll make up a mockup to show what I'm talking about.

EDIT2: Apologies for the off colors. The screenshot app I used is apparently crap. This is what I'm talking about though. Something like this, though likely with larger images (maybe only 4 per line?). I think it would be a cool way to browse through to decide what to watch, especially when using a tablet.

*Doh* my fault for not seeing this was in the "Remote" subforum. I was completely confused! Rofl
In addition to that, It would nice if you can read the plot of the movie that's playing. Just like when you've bought or rented a DVD and read the plot on the back of the cover Smile
i've already fiddled around with this, but there are performance issues. for smooth scrolling we'd have to render it in opengl, there's already a prototype but still a long way to go. feel free to post a ticket for this particular suggestion on the issue tracker.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for movie browsing0