Beginner Setup Questions
Ive read the beginners guide that was provided but i was still unable to find the answers to my questions. I apologize if the questions I ask are dumb or simple, im a complete rookie at this.

I installed XBMC on my Lenovo Q150 and i hooked my external hard drive to it that has all my movies/shows. Now the problem seems to be that the movies and shows seem to play choppy. The choppiness sometimes disappears on its own and sometimes its non-existant but for the most part all videos seem to play choppy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another issue im experiencing is my SD movies are horribly pixelated. Some are just fine, nothing like HD quality but very viewable. Yet others are so pixelated that u can hardly see faces. Is there a setting tweak or anything to help this.

Lastly, when I play some movies my tv goes into stand by mode. When my tv isnt receiving a signal whether it be the PC, Cable box or my xbox it goes into stand by mode to avoid image retention(plasma). For some reason when i play certain movies im guessing it freezes up and that sets my tv into stand by mode. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks to anyone in advance who can help me out.
I'd focus on one issue alone until fixed. Start with the high-def because you may fix the other issues as you go along.

Using only one high-def movie try this list in order.

If no success, then follow these instructions to get the debug log. Make sure you put in the name of the high-def movie when posting back so as to make it easy for us to find them in the log (can get really long).
Thanks alot. It resolved all the problems just fine! But a new issue came up, by switching the display mode to windows instead of fullscreen im unable to watch movies in fullscreen. And if i revert it back to fullscreen #1 my videos start lagging again. Any way around this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beginner Setup Questions0