[CONCEPT] Aggregate Unofficial Repository
anarchintosh Wrote:neat, glad to see so many other people keen on this idea. Smile

ppic I like the idea of a program addon that scrapes the wiki page for new repos and automatically installs them.

Maybe it could run an autoexec.py at startup, or use this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92751 feature in Eden

That way, new repos added to wiki page could be automatically pushed to people when they start up XBMC.

I'm doing this now since I'm snowed in and bored. Using it as an excuse to finally learn to write a script with WindowXML Eek
don't bother with windowxml, you really don't need it.
ppic Wrote:don't bother with windowxml, you really don't need it.

Agree with ppic an addon coded as a program plugin would work perfectly and could be developed pretty fast.
Especially in this particular case there not too much need of a UI (so WindowXML).

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

only thing is, AFAIK, you cannot modify the xbmc addons folder from python.
is this not a massive problem? could it be circumvented if there is an xbmc built in function to install an addon?
you can use the addons folder, no problem.
I say you all race to see who can finish it first. Smile
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:I say you all race to see who can finish it first. Smile

I say don't encourage people to waste their time Stare
any news on this?
I'd be interested to hear if there was any progress in this as well. If not I might try hacking at it.
Bump...Where did we end up on this? Is someone trying it? Or will it be not allowed by the XBMC gods?
daledude Wrote:I say don't encourage people to waste their time Stare

The smiley face meant it was a joke, geez.
To learn more, click here.
@igotdvds
hes got a point though
sucks to be duplicating efforts
Well, the problem is not to develop it. Someone have to administrate and maintain it, that is the challenge.
My solution is already working and making a add-on that download and unpack a repo zip is not a big deal, I understand xbmc have builtin uncompress.
vikjon0 Wrote:Well, the problem is not to develop it. Someone have to administrate and maintain it, that is the challenge.
My solution is already working and making a add-on that download and unpack a repo zip is not a big deal, I understand xbmc have builtin uncompress.

Maintain? What is there really to maintain? The links to the repositories? Thats not really something that varies that much. Or am I missing something?
I assume it is not static. New will come and some will not be maintained and after a while you will have to mark them broken. If not your add-on will contain a high number of non working repos and no one will use it.

Anyway, I am not stopping youWink

BTW, you have do have a point with the links, my approch is much more heavy to maintain and I would never think to do it myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CONCEPT] Aggregate Unofficial Repository0