[CONCEPT] Aggregate Unofficial Repository
vikjon0 Wrote:I assume it is not static. New will come and some will not be maintained and after a while you will have to mark them broken. If not your add-on will contain a high number of non working repos and no one will use it.

Anyway, I am not stopping youWink

BTW, you have do have a point with the links, my approch is much more heavy to maintain and I would never think to do it myself.

Why not just scrape the unofficial repository page for links? That way the links maintain is done on the wiki and any problems are removed from there.

Though I suppose it opens you up to someone putting a bad link on the wiki page.
yeah do scraping the wiki page, thats the best idea, then all we have to do is keep the wiki page clean and up to date.
xbmc built in extract works well heres a line that does it:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Extract("+src+","+dest+")")
where src is the zip and dest is the extraction destination
that's it Wink
Okay who wants to publish the app? I will work on updating the wiki page.
Hi,
if you want, I create a personal installer for install add-on, but require restart XBMC after install.

http://passion-xbmc.org/skins-pour-xbmc/...?msg=83823

DL: http://passion-xbmc.org/skins-pour-xbmc/...ttach=4722

PHP Code:
runscript(script.addon.installer,http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/repository.xbmc.builds/repository.xbmc.builds-1.0.2.zip,false) 
Argument 1 = ID of add-on "script.addon.installer"
Argument 2 = full Url of new add-on
Argument 3 = true or false, true for hide dialog progress

frost
For my bad English, sorry. I am French Canadian.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC.org
ksosez Wrote:Okay who wants to publish the app? I will work on updating the wiki page.

Shit! Laugh I should have started by searching the forums better.

I was trying to do almost the same. Create an add-on repository to install unofficial add-on repositories much the same as any other add-on. Unfortunately, my python skills are next to 0.

My approach included downloading a file (unofficial.add-ons.unified.repository.zip) that tells XBMC were are all the other unofficial repositories, install it by zip file and voila! XBMC gains the ability to install unofficial repositories one by one, on demand. Much like any add-on, really.

I never considered the wiki page to grab the repositories files. Not all of them are listed there (Aeon MQ 2 repository isn't, for instance).

If you can, I can host the app and maintain unofficial repositories list.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I havent finished the python because I am still working on an ESPN3 plugin (plus real work). So I havent coded much.

All we need to do is keep the wiki page up to date (I did a first pass on adding stuff I could find earlier in the week).

Then I can code the python stuff to download the zipfiles, it wouldnt be that hard.

Not sure what you did exactly?

hudo Wrote:Shit! Laugh I should have started by searching the forums better.

I was trying to do almost the same. Create an add-on repository to install unofficial add-on repositories much the same as any other add-on. Unfortunately, my python skills are next to 0.

My approach included downloading a file (unofficial.add-ons.unified.repository.zip) that tells XBMC were are all the other unofficial repositories, install it by zip file and voila! XBMC gains the ability to install unofficial repositories one by one, on demand. Much like any add-on, really.

I never considered the wiki page to grab the repositories files. Not all of them are listed there (Aeon MQ 2 repository isn't, for instance).

If you can, I can host the app and maintain unofficial repositories list.
Ok.
I'm a daft prick! Remember this when reading what follows...

Because I regard repository zip files as being basically an add-on (they are installed as add-ons if you use "install from zip file" for add-ons), what I thought was:

I'm going to create a repository solely to provide third party repository zip files!

Genius, right? Wrong! Angry

It turns out that I can add my repo.something.zip file to XBMC. And make third party repositories appear under an "Add-on repository" category on XBMC add-on manager. And choose what repository to install.
Unfortunately problems start here. After hitting OK on remote, Enter on keyboard, whatever key that initiates an add-on install, in this case a new repository install, nothing happens.
xbmc.log shows that addons.xml, icon.png, fanart.jpg, etc can't be found when installing a new repository add-on file.
Because of that, and because I am a great Python expert Stare, I spent the last 3 days googling for "web file download python" and "execute command python" trying to build an add-on that:

- downloads a repository file
- adds the repository to XBMC by issuing a command like "install add-on". Or something! Oo

I really hope you decide to work on this. I already have the repository files on my server, ready to use. Right now, I'm going to see if I missed any repositories and add them to the wiki. And sort them alphabetically.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just FYI guys, I have just released a Program Add-on allowing to browse and install unofficial repositories listed in the wiki: [Release] Repositories Installer Add-on

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CONCEPT] Aggregate Unofficial Repository0