Black screen on startup
Hi

I installed an XBMC remote app on my android phone and I was trying to use it when my library was updating and it froze XBMC completely. My guess is the library file got corrupted or something like that because now when I startup XBMC it won't go beyond the updating library stage and the screen stays black.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but that made no difference whatsoever. Any idea's on what I can do to get this working again ?.

Thanks,
Marcus

p.s. I'm using Dharma.
You could try deleting (or perhaps renaming) the library folder.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%\xbmc\userdata

and click OK. In the Explorer window you'll see a folder called Database. Delete or rename it then try starting XBMC again. In desparate straits you can delete the whole %appdata%\xbmc folder to reset all the XBMC settings to the installation defaults.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You could try deleting (or perhaps renaming) the library folder.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%\xbmc\userdata

and click OK. In the Explorer window you'll see a folder called Database. Delete or rename it then try starting XBMC again. In desparate straits you can delete the whole %appdata%\xbmc folder to reset all the XBMC settings to the installation defaults.

JR

I tried that and and my library was downloaded from scratch but it still froze like before. I then went a bit more extreme and unstalled XBMC and all the related directories and guess what ?, the same thing happened.

It doesn't make sense, its like overnight the program has become incompatible with my hardware Sad
I've also tried to revert back to 9.11 and now its crashing XBMC.

Here's the debug log

http://pastebin.com/zNimyyAZ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen on startup0