• 27(current)
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade
Any ideas? Or the missing video xml file?
Great Skin!

Love the 'Simplicity'

BUT I am trying to add a custom Item to the Home Screen called

'Factual' That i can add my Documentary sources to, Instead of having them in Tv shows or Movies.

Tried using the Add shortCut but it is coming back with.

'Can not find favourites.XML'

I have found a post that stated there was a BUG in 1.0.5 and install 1.0.6
(Assuming it is 'Favourites Script' that is used)

Installed 1.0.6, still no joy,

Have read a few guides but can't seem to fit it all together with the simplicity skin and the way it's implemented.

Apologies coming over from a Basic XBOX-XBMC to a Linux Mint based one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using the XBMC Skin download, not a SVN source.
Fizzer Wrote:Great Skin!

Love the 'Simplicity'

BUT I am trying to add a custom Item to the Home Screen called

'Factual' That i can add my Documentary sources to, Instead of having them in Tv shows or Movies.

Tried using the Add shortCut but it is coming back with.

'Can not find favourites.XML'

I have found a post that stated there was a BUG in 1.0.5 and install 1.0.6

Installed 1.0.6, still no joy,

Have read a few guides but can't seem to fit it all together with the simplicity skin and the way it's implemented.

Apologies coming over from a Basic XBOX-XBMC to a Linux Mint based one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using the XBMC Skin download, not a SVN source.

You need the favourites script.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma-pr...avourites/
To learn more, click here.
Fizzer Wrote:I have found a post that stated there was a BUG in 1.0.5 and install 1.0.6

Installed 1.0.6, still no joy..

I assume I am talking about the same thing.

It's installed in addons/script.favourites

Tried version 1.0.5 (as posted) and the newer 1.0.6

SO I can confirm that the 'Favourites Script' does work with this skinHuh

If so I will go bug 'Ronie' they seam to know about it Smile
First off I would like to say that I love this skin. It is simple enough that my girlfriend can use it, yet it still maintains a pleasing aesthetic.

I do however have two questions (forgive me if these have been covered somewhere else, I looked as best I could, but could not find an answer to either)

1. Is there a way to separate the fan art into separate categories for TV shows and Movies? On the home screen background, I have selected to use fanart for the TV shows and Movies buttons, but they end up using a mix of both for each one (i.e. The background on the home screen for TV Shows, shows Dexter, then transitions to Avatar, then to Community, then to Batman etc. This is the exact same for Movies)

2. TV Tunes does not seem to work at all. I have downloaded the tracks to all my shows, but I cannot hear anything when viewing the shows page. Even when clicking on "theme" in the show's info page, I hear nothing.

I am running Dharma on a Mac Mini running snow leopard, if that helps at all.
I also got Simplicity from the repo.

Thanks again for the help!
I think there is a bug, when playing music the clean visualization should only trigger if in home screen, if you're actually on the music visualization (with milkdrop for instance) it shouldn't trigger
Why is it that when i want to install the script in the official repo of xbmc on my ATV2 i can't install simplicity cause behind the name it says 'broken'

Do i need to install from a zip file?
igotdvds, I really like your skin.
At last a skin brings a new, different and refreshing look to the libraries views.
I do hope that you'll add support to LiveTV as many users are using this feature and it would become a more and more common as times goes on.
Unfortunately, till then I can't use it Sad
Big Grin 
igotdvds,

Thank you very much for such a fabulous skin, it's the only one I actively use.

When my XBMC loads it goes in to to Files menu, I can't remember what I did, can someone please point me in the right direction?

I have a suggestion, it might be just me being picky, but the menu during playing when you press the [m] key doesn't quite feel aesthetically consistent with the other menu such as pause and info menu. Could you add a little transparency and maybe a darker tone?

Also, would it be possible to add an option for 'settings' when you press the [S] key?

I love everything else about the skin. Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Fantastic skin Team S3, disappointed with myself that I didn't trial and explore this one sooner but I'm glad to have discovered it now. Looking forward to giving Sketchy a run when it's ready.

This is one of the few skins that doesn't have the media content saved as a textures file so you can add to it and you're using my favourite genre icons instead of the standard default ones.

I noticed there are ratings flags for other countries. If I were to add OFLC ratings flags for Australia to that ratings folder, is there anything I need to do other than rescraping my content so they're displayed instead of the default MPAA ones?

In the viewtype Screens, what thumbs are meant to be displayed in the screens? as there are sometimes blank screens when a movie is selected.

I don't quite get the Carousel list viewtype, are the movie posters that scroll in the middle frame supposed to be displayed for longer? At the moment you could blink and miss them so unsure if this is by design or if I'm doing something wrong.

Is it possible to decrease the diffusion for fanart so it's a little more visible. I deliberately select and save all my movie fanart in each movie's folder and would like to see them a little more clearly.

Love the guide tips for each viewtype so you know which direction to press the arrow in to access the menu, so simple yet effective.

Edit: Carousel list is working properly now must have been a momentary glitch on my machine
Hi,
the skin is really great and i use it as my custom skin now. good work! I got just two questions:

a. is there a chance to manually delete the cd-animation on homescreen, which shows up on now playing. i like the homescreen simple and without any animations Wink
b. i am wondering why the hide tv-show option is greyed-out in my settings so that i can not hide it from main menue

would be most thanfull for response, regards from berlin
Is there a vertical home screen option?
(2013-04-01, 23:20)wgards8 Wrote: Is there a vertical home screen option?

Nope, there's only an horizontal menu.
Shame. I find horizontals a pain to use but love everything else about this skin.
Any talk of a vertical in the future?
(2013-04-02, 22:48)wgards8 Wrote: Shame. I find horizontals a pain to use but love everything else about this skin.
Any talk of a vertical in the future?

I don't plan it unfortunately. Maybe someone else will design it, at which point I could merge it with the master branch.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade1