[MAC] DVD playback inconsistent rewind<->play behavior
I was playing some locally stored ripped DVD videos and went to do a rewind and when I pressed play again I noticed that the behavior is inconsistent with where it starts playing at a normal speed. Sometimes the playback fast forwards a few seconds after the play button is pressed and other times it starts playing at normal speed right away. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

OSX Version 10.6.6
Platform 2008 24" 3.06GHz iMac with 4GB RAM
Install Method dmg
SVN Revision 35648
Skin Transparency!
Sad 
I am not sure what is going on here but the rewind operation (hold left button), when playing a ripped DVD movie (stored locally), on the Apple remote does not work in XBMC. No problem using the skip backward operation (press left button).

I have tried both the Confluence and Transparency skins and the rewind operation does not work on either of them. Just to make sure I even reinstalled XBMC 10.0 SVN Revision 35648. The rewind operation does work correctly when I play the same locally stored DVD movie with the Apple DVD player application using the Apple remote. I am not using userdata/keymaps/keymap.xml. By the way, I am using the white plastic version of the Apple remote.

Could someone who uses the Apple remote for XBMC, running under Mac OS X 10.6.6, please try and see if the rewind operation works for them.

[UPDATE]: Looks like this is a problem that has been around for a while. This explains how to fix it. After I performed the fix to my userdata/keymaps/keymaps.xml rewind works once again.

OSX Version 10.6.6
Platform 2008 24" 3.06GHz iMac with 4GB RAM
Install Method dmg
SVN Revision 35648
Skin Transparency!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] DVD playback inconsistent rewind<->play behavior0