• 6(current)
Voice recognition and control?, just basic!
Guys if you don't mind, I'd like to move this discussion over to voxcommando.com

apart from my benefiting from the traffic, and my other users benefitting from the information that we uncover, it will allow us a few other advantages.

We can have a few topics going, 1 for debug, 1 where you can post ideas for new features etc.

and we can also post attachments which I don't seem to be able to do here, so we can post our xml files and I can post beta releases to you guys for testing.

sound good?

http://voxcommando.com/forum
I was wondering if anyone has tried to get voice control to work in linux or live to control xbmc? I have read that vox commando is working in windows and it looks great however want to try to use a linux based program if possible.

I have run into these programs but I an a complete newb to linux and also dont have a mic so I cannot test it out. Just wondering if there was some interest in this or not any maybe get some testers.

SIMON

Gnome voice control

VEDICS
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Cool I signed up, I'll make a thread when the repeat tweaks are in and I have something like a completely working setup.

I've used EG before when I had my ps3 remote, it's insanely powerful stuff, but a bit of a faff, hopefully it won't be neccesary for all but the most advanced users.

Thanks again JitterJames!
In general, open air voice control is very tough in a noisy environment, especially one where the probablity of a trigger phrase being present is high. Movies present such an environment, music generally does not.
teaser:

coming soon...
new version available:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?t...sg91#msg91
Does this need a relatively good Mic to work? Any recommendations of a Mic maybe. The Mic would probably be about 5-6 feet away. Speakers would probably be right next to it too as well. How would that work when something is playing and is pretty loud, would it still recognize your command?
Nope. The only way that's going to work is if you use a button on your remote to engage listening mode and mute your volume at the same time. This can be done with eventghost if you have a recognized remote. Otherwise you'll need a headset.
Great thread! When I get some chance I will start to experiment!

Regarding "jump to a letter", just make everyone memorize the military alphabet Laugh:

A: Alpha
B: Bravo
C: Charlie
D: Delta
E: Echo
F: Foxtrot
G: Golf
H: Hotel
I: India
J: Juliet
K: Kilo
L: Lima
M: Mike
N: November
O: Oscar
P: Papa
Q: Quebec
R: Romeo
S: Sierra
T: Tango
U: Uniform
V: Victor
W: Whiskey
X: X-Ray
Y: Yankee
Z: Zulu
I'm working on a few things at the moment, will update soon. Been busy with work, but when I get some free time, I'll post a cleaned up xml. I have been working on getting all menu items working based on their label, which is a bit challenging as many skins use the same name for multiple windows etc. Working confluence and Æon for now to get menu navigation solid on those two.

Also working on Actor navigation, but it requires a script to dump the actor names from the library to xml, which is a pain. Ideally, you'll be able to say "Jack Nicholson" for example, and a list of all movies and TV shows you have starring Jack Nicholson will popup.

In my opinion, that's where voice control really becomes useful. For HTPCs controlled by a remote, entering text to utilize the filtered lists is a bit awkward. Voice command is far better suited for tasks like that than simple commands like "Next...Next...Next" through a list.

A more elegant method than installing a custom script for the sole purpose of exporting DB entries to a compatible xml is needed, but Hopefully by trying this, I can get a proof of concept and see how it works in practice before pursuing a more formal command generation script for everything from Movie titles, TV episodes, actors, music artists etc. If the script fails, I'll post it here for troubleshooting and advice, if not, I'll just start working on the final so as not to confuse people with limited versions.

Work is going to keep me busy for at least the next two weeks, so no idea when I'll get time to do this, but I'll work it in somewhere. In the meantime, I'll continue to monitor this thread.

This thread has taken on a life of it's own. It may be worth opening a new one under 3rd party programs. That'll give jitterjames the first page to edit for update info on the program and bring in some new people who would ignore the requests board. After all, this isn't a request any more, it a proven concept with the tools and instructions to allow users to actually do this. If nothing else, reserving the first 2-3 replies for Program updates, XML updates, and tutorials links would make it easier for people to see what's happening without digging through dozens of pages. Might even find a mod willing to do a merge of the two threads.

Keep up the great work guys.
there is already a forum over at voxcommando.com where you can start specific xbmc subthreads. new versions of the software will be posted there. You can upload your various xml files there too.

I have posted a version that allows you to request artists by name. I can do the same for actors movies tv shows etc but I would appreciate some help there. Getting the list of actor names and creating the recognition phrases is not a problem, but how to send the request back to xbmc in a user friendly way is where I run into trouble.

I have a similar problem with the jump lists. I have mentioned this before, I could create a function that allows the user to say jump to "any word" and it would grab the first letter of the word, so you don't have to memorize the army alphabet. The problem is that there is no reliable way to actually jump to a given letter because xbmc's http interface doesn't provide one. Sendkeys only works for some people, and it won't work for anyone unless they are running VoxCommando on the same machine as xbmc, and xbmc needs to have focus.

Anyway I'd rather not post on this forum anymore because I end up having to post the same information in two different places!
there is a new version (vs 0.733), and now a payload editor at VoxCommando

go to the downloads page.
Exclamation 
Beta Testers WantedNod

I'm getting ready to release version 0.8. so I'm posting 0.79 (off of the main downloads page) for anyone that is feeling adventurous.

It includes a LOT of new featuresCool, and because it allows for macros, it does things a little differently. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

Please post questions to the VoxCommando Forums.

thanks

James
Here's how the new version (0.79) of VoxCommando helps us to deal with jump letters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4qgDhypwWI

there are more video tutorials listed here:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?t...150#msg150
Here's the demo of the built in commands for requesting music. I really need to reshoot this demo, but I'm going away tomorrow for 10 days and I wanted to get this out the door before leaving!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTLIJdgwqQ
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Voice recognition and control?, just basic!2