xbmc doesn't see movie files
I installed XBMC (current stable build) on an ATV2 today using snowbreeze 2.7 and the most recent 4.3.3 ipsw. Everything appears to work as advertised, and the unit finds the workgroup in SMB, can navigate folders after having put in the username and password for the machine, however, despite having had all the folders and even the entire C: drive shared, when I get to a folder that has known, good movie files, the xbmc doesn't show anything in the folder. (I am surfing to the files from the xbmc, videos, add files, browse menu. I have tried changing folder locations to other known shared folders and still get nothing. Sorry, don't have a log file, however, no errors pop, just a blank folder and the opportunity to surf back up to the previous folder. I have checked and it doesn't look like the Windows Live helper is installed, so tried that. The box is on Windows 7 Home Premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
soaklord Wrote:I installed XBMC (current stable build) on an ATV2 today using snowbreeze 2.7 and the most recent 4.3.3 ipsw. Everything appears to work as advertised, and the unit finds the workgroup in SMB, can navigate folders after having put in the username and password for the machine, however, despite having had all the folders and even the entire C: drive shared, when I get to a folder that has known, good movie files, the xbmc doesn't show anything in the folder. (I am surfing to the files from the xbmc, videos, add files, browse menu. I have tried changing folder locations to other known shared folders and still get nothing. Sorry, don't have a log file, however, no errors pop, just a blank folder and the opportunity to surf back up to the previous folder. I have checked and it doesn't look like the Windows Live helper is installed, so tried that. The box is on Windows 7 Home Premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you are at the "add files" part you only need to open the folder that contains the movies. Just press done or okay and it will then ask you if they are movies or TV shows, or you can cancel out of that if you don't want to mess with scanning for meta data (summaries, etc) yet.
So the fact that it can not see any media in the folder is ok? Just hit ok and see what happens? When I have tried it in the past (granted on a mac) it saw the actual media.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc doesn't see movie files0