apple TV 2 NAS Streaming with xmbc
oh Great! Thx

This works. Now i have to clean the wrong ordner of my experiments.

I think for better performance i have to connect the atv with router with cable
Yeah there are worlds between that. No problem with 1080 over ethernet. Via wifi occasional hiccups.

Have fun.
Is there anyway of adding a nas without adding an ip? I have a nas that's visible on my network to all devices but XBMS can't see it on my iPad, I have a dynamic ip so although the above would work it would be very temporary, any help appreciated, I'd love to have this working on my iPad.
yeah, you can put the sharename of the device instead of the IP.
Although sometimes this makes problems.
Video -> add source -> add SMB share -> for "Server name" the exact name how you see the thing in your network, then the shared volume (first folder that is shared on your server) then username and password.

This should do it.
Thanks, managed to find it, I was gong to fast, found it under video-files.

I had xbmc on my laptop a few months ago and have been recently using a boxee box so had forgot somethings.

I now need to just get the scrapers working and I'm sorted, cheers Smile
I can actually connect to my NAS (WD 1TB Network drive), and can play files from it, but it's REALLY jerky! Can anyone help me with this?

Anyone?
Don't worry, sorted it! Turned off a bunch of things in the Settings, had jerkiness in videos 720p or bigger, so turned on hardware acceleration...ALL BETTER! Now very happy with XBMC! :-D
Question 
Hi,

First of all, I'm really happy that I have XBMC on my ATV2, Thanks!

I was only able to add my NAS via UPnP (WD World Book 2 2TB), and when I choose to add this source (set content) to the libarary, xbmc starts scanning for new content but will never show the titles in the scanning bar on the top of the screen and as a result none of the movies is recognized and my library stays empty (both music, series as movies). (Connection with internet is not the issue, i have XBMC also on desktop where it works fine)

As this is an important feature of xbmc, i really want to solve it, any ideas?

Many thanks!
B-Art, Set your WD World Book up as SMB and the files will scan. Let me know if you need more instructions.
Hi all,

I've planned to complete my homemedia installation as follow :

TV
Apple TV last gen (with XBMC)
Synology NAS DS211J (2x2To RAID 1)

I'm already using XBMC on my desktop PC, (dualscreen on tv), but my needs did evoluate, what I wish :

- no 10 meters cable between PC and TV / Audio station => MediaCenterBox
- no need to start PC each time for music, movies, etc.... => MediaCenterBox
- have access to datas from the outside anytime => I think DS211J is the better Quality / price solution for it
- Media Center Box to have interaction with iPhone / iPad => Apple TV
- XBMC => XBMC on apple tv!!!

Cause Apple TV + NAS + HDD are a bit expensive!! I want to be sure that it is the better solution I could get. So asking help to owners seems to be the better solution!

Could you please confirm me (or not) or help me to find better solution :

- most of scripts / plugins (example : rss reader / youtube / scrapers / etc...) will work with XBMC on Apple TV? Or how could I get the information?
- Apple TV / XBMC will be able to "search" movies / series / music on Synology
- Apple TV performance's are enough for a good and fluent use of XBMC
- I know it will depends on the network I have :
(NAS and Apple TV will be connected by RJ45 to my Internet Provider BOX "BBOX Triple play Box")
So does any one know if such an installation will works fine?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Fabrice
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:B-Art, Set your WD World Book up as SMB and the files will scan. Let me know if you need more instructions.

How can I made my World book Edition II SMB?
I think it will be by default, b-Art. Get into your setup by entering its IP into your browser or via Bonjour.
Advanced Mode -> Network - Workgroup if you need to check.
Go back to Network -> LAN and set it to static IP.
Choose an IP that's outside your router's DHCP range.
Back in ATV2, set this as a SBM share using SMB://your.static.ip.address.
It will show up in your shares list.
Add your sources by browsing it.
Kaiserlein Wrote:yeah, you can put the sharename of the device instead of the IP.
Although sometimes this makes problems.
Video -> add source -> add SMB share -> for "Server name" the exact name how you see the thing in your network, then the shared volume (first folder that is shared on your server) then username and password.

This should do it.

OK I feel really stupid but . . .username and password for what?
my computer? router?

wow, I accept I am dumb. . .
Question 
Hi there,

I am on the way to get ATV2 w/ XBMC to work with my Ubuntu box. Does anybody know if I can connect XBMC to my Ubuntu box with NFS? In general the performance for video streaming is better than when using SMB...

Thanks in advance for your support.

br, Gregor.
Hi Budgreg, as far as i know NFS is currently not supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple TV 2 NAS Streaming with xmbc0