Idea for a NAS
I'm considering purchasing two AppleTV 2gs and taking my Revo 1600 and putting Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 on it. I was going to get a Drobo S to attach to the Revo 1600 via the eSata port.

Does anybody have any experience with anything like this? Any other thoughts about this potential setup?

Thanks
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
Meh. I would rather use the Revo 1600 as a front-end HTPC client to stream media. Keep your Revo for XBMC. Wink

The ATV2 will not be on the same level as your Revo 1600 for XBMC. Use the $$ you are planning to drop on a Drobo and 2 Apple TVs to build your own NAS.
Keep in mind AppleTV2 is only capable of 720 not 1080. I just returned my unopened ATV2 and got a zbox ID40.
cpmiller22 Wrote:Keep in mind AppleTV2 is only capable of 720 not 1080. I just returned my unopened ATV2 and got a zbox ID40.

Sweet I am testing out a zbox ID40 with an SSD and I have to admit the thing is so sweet. I love the way it lights up too and says Mini HTPC on it :p
Beer40oz Wrote:Sweet I am testing out a zbox ID40 with an SSD and I have to admit the thing is so sweet. I love the way it lights up too and says Mini HTPC on it :p

This thing sounds cool!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for a NAS0