Hard Drive Help
Question 
I no some people have already posted about hard drive issues but i'm very new to this program and most of what they were saying made no sense to me whatsoever. So i was hoping someone could give me some help thats pretty easy to understand.
So i used dvdfab to get our dvd collection onto an external hard drive thats located in the garage. In order to access the drive i have to go into the network folder on my laptop. From there i go in a couple folder and can access all my movies. The problem is i can't find the hard drive when i search for it in xbmc. Can anyone help me locate it?
Map it as a network drive.
You need to know the network name of the box in the garage and the name of the share. You should be able to get these from your laptop. As I recall, when you open the Network window you see the names of all the devices on the network, and when you double click on one of the names you see a list of all the shares.

Anyhow, start XBMC, go into Add Source then click the Browse button. At the bottom of the list you'll see "Add network location"; you may need to scroll the list down to see it. Select it to open the Add network location dialog. Feed in the server name and share name then click OK. Back in the Browse for new share dialog your new location appears in the list as "smb://servername/sharename". Select this and it should show the folders on the external disk. Click OK to add this as a source.

JR
thnx for all the help i managed to find it a couple subfolders in

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard Drive Help0