Adding Itunes Library
What is the easiest way to add my ITunes library..
can I add my whole Itunes library so that it keeps playlists,etc? I am on a MAC connecting to an ATV2
can I ask why you want to do this ?

why not just exit XBMC and use the actual AppleTv2 ?

no need to import anything, it just reads it exactly as is from your existing iTunes library. plus it works with the remote app on your iphone.
Perhaps is the iTunes library on a NAS - so who can help?
This is my situation too. I have my iTunes library on a ReadyNAS with itunes server turned on, it technically works but man, it ain't pretty! I hate to have my laptop running all the time in order to get to my music.
well, then you're outta luck...

since the actual iTunes, it is not possible for receiving devices to connect to a library without a mac - since itunes uses the airplay protocol which nothing else uses. Synology, ReadyNAS and the others just made a libraryshare possible which was used by older iTunes versions.

The new devices (iPad, iPhone, ATV, ...) need the airplay system to work. So to watch any content on them through iTunes you have to have a mac or pc running the latest iTUnes.
The original xbmc for iOS announcement does allude to some kind of future airplay support. For now you can just share with smb and scrape your library - I used identify2 to get my video files named correctly. Music seems to be a bit more of an ongoing saga though!
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Itunes Library0