Customization: Slide Animation & Diffuse
Hello,

First I'd like to thank Team BlackBolt for their hard work on this skin... it is my default skin and will be for a while; however, I also like the XBoX 360's NXE dashboard interface, and although I understand that Team BlackBolt wanted to go on their own direction with it, I can still appreciate the new NXE dashboard, nonetheless.

I have been playing with the XML files and customization and have done a few minor modifications, including sound, (with the assistance of google) to better suit my personal taste.

Having said the aforementioned, as expected, I have come to some modifications that are, at best, beyond my scope of understanding.

To begin with, I would like to know how to replace the "globe/orb/stage" background to something different. Also, While I have the basic posx & posy of the main panels, I can't seem to understand or apply the "slide" animate from left to right and vice-versa. Here's the ScreenShot of the first screen (nevermind the icon's position):

By domdxecutioner at 2011-02-01

If anyone can assist with this, I'd gladly be of the utmost appreciative.

The other thing is the icons... I would like to be able to add a background "poster image" to the items that do not have a custom icon. The image below can futher illustrate (hopefully) what I'm refering to. It seems that the poster background image is only visible when the item has the focus, otherwise it will simply display the icon with no background. See image below:

Last but not least, I'd like to know how to remove the diffuse color or overlay of any view. Currently some views have a, what I assume is, diffuse color... I want the background to be visible as it is and not darkened as shown below:

One last note... While I managed to get the poster-view in the games/emulators/applications section, I'm sure it is not the most elegant approach; I had to modify the "viewtype_program panels.xml" to match the animation for the posters and it works nicely. I tried to modify several other files, much like has been explained in other posts but had no luck. Here is the, while not elegant, outcome of my modification:

In any event, anyone who can provide some tips would be greatly appreciated. I've seen another skinner (Hitcher) play around with something similar and I thought I'd, too, give it a shot.

Thank you for your time and I hope this is posted in the correct forum.

Regards,
Dom
Is this what you mean with the slide animation?

If yes, look here, the animation stuff for open / close is in "HomeXperience", actual list is in "HomeWraplist". You'll notice a <effect type="slide" end="2000" time="0" /> animation for every "panel", this is not necessarily needed... I added it to eliminate potential flickering of the panels.
Dom DXecutioner

please, could you share your version of skin, i wanna test it
I used to drink
I used to smoke and then I'd dance
`Black Wrote:Is this what you mean with the slide animation?

If yes, look here, the animation stuff for open / close is in "HomeXperience", actual list is in "HomeWraplist". You'll notice a <effect type="slide" end="2000" time="0" /> animation for every "panel", this is not necessarily needed... I added it to eliminate potential flickering of the panels.

`Black,

Thank you for your response; indeed, that is the animation that I'm seeking... a thousand pardons; however, it seems that my current understanding of the animation function is still at its infancy. I will have to study this a bit more. I tried to add the animation tags as described by you but it appears it is not as easy as copy and paste.

The code you posted seems to be vastly smaller than that of the original xperience http://pastebin.com/rreja2CX. I will continue to read to futher enhance my understanding.

Kertis Wrote:Dom DXecutioner

please, could you share your version of skin, i wanna test it

Kertis,

It is evident that my mod is far from being useful to anyone else; however, when I have something more concrete, I will posted for you.
`Black Wrote:Is this what you mean with the slide animation?

First of all, amazing work so far there Black as always. Just was looking over your animation code because I was curious on how you were animating the individual panels for open / close and I was assuming you were using a wraplist instead of groups for container onnext, onprevious, and static style.

I am still a little puzzled at how your open/close groups animate seemlessly with your wraplist panel images. Are they only visible (code wise) upon window open and close? I see your wraplist fades immediately for close and has a 1010 delay for open.
Dom DXecutioner
if you modificate sounds, can you give soundpack?
I used to drink
ekim232 Wrote:I am still a little puzzled at how your open/close groups animate seemlessly with your wraplist panel images. Are they only visible (code wise) upon window open and close? I see your wraplist fades immediately for close and has a 1010 delay for open.

Here is a little update of the code, I removed the conditional slide animations and changed the animations slightly.

The code in the "HomeXperience" is indeed only for the open & close animation. On window open the panels will do the animation an if it's done the list becomes visible. Same for window close...

In the updated code you'll see that the list has <posy>-1500</posy> and is visible immediately (will slide down after a 1010ms delay). That's because you can interact with the list immediately now and don't have to wait until the animation is done... I had a button before which set focus after 1010ms but that caused some problems, e.g. if you opened the guide menu in those first 1010ms, you didn't get focus on the list.
`Black, i'm not sure, but last your update in code makes all items on homescreen invisible
I used to drink
Still using it that way in my mod and it's working fine.
`Black, what version of xbmc\skin you are using?
I used to drink
XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:68e42fa. Skin is based on the first Xperience beta but there are massive code changes/additions. If you're trying to add it to the current Xperience skin, it won't work...
I have the script copied to the file http://pastebin.com/Z7NjjSKX include_home. If I start xbmc blades are short here and then they disappear. Can anyone help with the proplem? Thanks
Tina263, you are very-very inattentive Smile
`Black wrote that that modified file temporaly won't work (it willwork properly with next release oа xperience 1080h)
I used to drink
you would think it wold work but ehh shtt happens
From post #1
"To begin with, I would like to know how to replace the "globe/orb/stage" background to something different. Also, While I have the basic posx & posy of the main panels, I can't seem to understand or apply the "slide" animate from left to right and vice-versa. Here's the ScreenShot of the first screen (nevermind the icon's position):"

I'd like to know the answer to this too.
Thanks

nessus helped me with this one...
You can remove the stage completely by deleting everything from line 120 to 151 in Includes_Window-Contents.xml.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customization: Slide Animation & Diffuse0