Unofficial XBMC and Home Automation iPad Controller
Hi,

I just uploaded a video on youtube showing my custom made iPad XBMC Controller in action. The grafical parts are inspired by the great skin ellipsis from the team Blackbolt.

Update: 14.12.2012
Hit table - Videos available (Voice Control)
HTML5 Interface

Update: 18.09.2011
We updated the iViewer XBMC Plugin and released a Windows Version.

Update: 12.06.2011
We now have a guifile available that can be uploaded directly to the iViewer 4 app to demonstrate the interface without license needed. You can download the iViewer 4 app from the App store. Just configure the File URL in the iViewer settings to the following URL and start the app.

http://www.homeintouch.com/demo_loop/hit_iPad.gui.enc

Hardware and Software used in the Video:

For the Home Automation part I use KNX parts in my house.
http://www.knx.org/knx/what-is-knx/
iViewer 4 is the app that runs on your iOS device. You can customize it to fit your setup as tight as you like.
With iViewer 4 you can control a wide range of home automation systems such as Crestron, AMX, Control4, etc. and you get full two-way control and feedback allowing you to control your lights, curtains, climate and AV.
For controlling the IR-AV gear I use a box from irtrans (irtrans.de) and a Moxa for RS 232 control.
The Controller is a Mac Mini that runs our HOME in touch software and XBMC of course.
The Mac Mini also streams the content (with VLC) to the iOS devices.
To get all the data from the XBMC MySql database I created a little helper app.

Here are some screenshots and the video...

Screenshot Gallery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnjEuUlRDc

Regards
Klaus

What App do you use to build it ?

Iviewer ?

Iridium ?

Smile

Thx for answer
OMG, I need to have it Shocked
I never saw something so cool
Indeed this is awesome!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

archizor Wrote:What App do you use to build it ?

Iviewer ?

Iridium ?

Smile

Thx for answer

Its build with iViewer and their Guidesigner from commandfusion.
loved the demo video... please elaborate on your setup and what it took for you to get it all working.

thx for helping!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Just looked at the video, very impressive, I have downloaded the files iviewer and gui designer, but have not got a clue how to start, I would just use it for xbmc at the moment, but where do you start? If you willing to share info that would be appreciated

Paul
Looks pretty good!, please provide us with some more info on the hardware you used.
This is freaking awesome, you nailed it as far as I am concerned. Since I am about to buy a new house I am really interested in the hardware and software you used in the background.
+interested
very interested. can you advise your setup wtih hardware? Would you make this software available to xbmc users?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Well... as cool as this is, the cost of iViewer is crazy high for the average user. I make a decent living and I cannot justify the cost of the app

At $160 USD per device! -- It is obviously not priced for the home user.

If it was $99 for unlimited # of devices, and types (iOS, Android, PC, etc) for personal use then I could consider it.
is it not 160$ for 1 device where you install the remote like Ipad or is it per device you want to control?
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
Gotcha007 Wrote:is it not 160$ for 1 device where you install the remote like Ipad or is it per device you want to control?

$160 per display device you use the app on. You must register each device with them separately... 3 ipads = 3 x $160 = $480 ... no freak'n way IMO.
Livin Wrote:$160 per display device you use the app on. You must register each device with them separately... 3 ipads = 3 x $160 = $480 ... no freak'n way IMO.

Big Grin Just buy 2 iPads the licenses for iviewer and save some money...

Klaus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unofficial XBMC and Home Automation iPad Controller2