What's the coolest thing XBMC can do?
All the following features of xbmc are imho the best one ...

- Very nice looking skins
- xbmc do play everything from divx to mkv and iso
- Scrappers that donwload movie information and fanart
- XBMX has a wife acceptance factor -> other mediacenters don't have ..... .-)
Quote:XBMX has a wife acceptance factor -> other mediacenters don't have ..... .-)
agree with that Laugh
opensubtitles osd! grabbing subs with only a remote is really cool.
I'd have to agree and repeat most of the things already mentioned in this thread:

-aesthetics (displays my library in a very pleasing format)
-ability to download subs while sitting on my couch
-cinema experience addon give it a theater feeling
-multitude of skins never gets me tired of looking at XBMC (though I mostly stick with Night)
-TV show logos are great! as is the new TV guide feature that was just released in simplicity

I'd also like to add that Voice Control gives it that wow factor when you really just want to show off. VoxCommando is something that I hope keeps getting developed and perfected. (Though I wish it could work on Live, as it is currently bound to Windows)
fonzie Wrote:VoxCommando is something that I hope keeps getting developed and perfected. (Though I wish it could work on Live, as it is currently bound to Windows)

VoxCommando can control your XBMC live installation over the network if you run it on another Windows Vista/Win7 machine...
Is there a thread that explains how to do this?
zlooo Wrote:Is there a thread that explains how to do this?

You mean VoxCommando?

Just install it on your Vista or Win7 machine, and configure the IP and port that it controls to be that of your Live machine.

-Wes
bobo1on1 Wrote:XBMC with boblight is pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDeDNs9oP-k

I must have this!
Any links on how to?
to me its not really what XBMC does but its what the Community itself does, helping others and continuing to develop this top notch piece of software.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Ones no one mentioned:

-Use iPad or Android apps to look through your library
-Run XBMC on your iPad
-Use Hulu thanks to Bluecop
-Sync multiple rooms- start a movie and one and finish it seamlessly in another

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the coolest thing XBMC can do?0