[ATV2] XBMC not recognizing TV Shows
I am sharing my library over a wireless network using SMB share from an iMac running 10.6.6. When I initially set up my aTV it worked without a hitch, but we lost power briefly and when I rebooted everything my aTV had trouble connecting back to my SMB share.

I cleaned my library about 100 times and reset my SMB and finally was able to get it to connect again, only now my TV shows do not show up under "TV Shows" but only under the source list in "Videos"

anyone else having the same problem?

UPDATE: Just tried turning SMB off and sharing via the UPnP server built into the XBMC I have running on my iMac. Still no cheese.

UPDATE 2: Turned SMB back on through add network location...input IP, shared folder name, username/pass, etc.. XBMC now detects my TV Shows, scans ONLY THE SHOWS (not the episodes), shows are then added to my file list but they are not properly scraped and added to the TV Shows menu
I am having the same problem with TV shows..
The reason they wont be in your library is because if you cleaned library when the smb shares were disconnected for whatever reason it would have removed all the shows from the library. Basically, you will have to scan everything in again.

As for the smb connection problems, I've not experienced anything that an xbmc restart hasn't fixed so I cant really help you there but others seem to have had similar problems so there maybe information in other threads that could be of use to you.
Well at this point I've stopped using my SMB sharing and it will no longer even scrape the TV shows.

I have deleted ALL sources from Videos and File Manager and cleaned my library, then added my UPnP source and it "Scans for new content" for about 5 seconds then stops.

I don't mind rescraping all of my shows again, I'm just wondering why it isn't doing it automatically.
Try adding your source as smb again. Scraping uPnP doesn't work for me, smb does.
First of all: you have to use SMB. (I also found UPNP unreliable and slow)

How did you set up the scraping ?

Go to the "add video source" tab, then add your folder, then say it is "tv series" and then:

check "run automated scan" IMPORTANT that should be the reason a restart does not help.
Leave the other options unchecked.
in the "options" tab of the Scraper Settings DO NOT check "DVD order or "absolute Order" (that was the problem for me with xbmc just showing me the names of the series but not the actual episodes)
Set the language right.

(there might be a slight difference in the menu points - I use that thing in german so I had to translate the best way I could)

if all that doesn't do the trick:

(IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS CHRONOLOGICALLY)

delete all sources, restart your mac (hostcomputer). UNPLUG the ATV do a tethered boot. Make sure you are connected to the network BEFORE you start xbmc. then connect to the smb share like this: (IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS CHRONOLOGICALLY)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post712716

Lastly set the scraping like I wrote in the beginning.

That should do it.

have luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] XBMC not recognizing TV Shows0