Multiple Keymap XML Files
There's a <XBMC_Program_Dir>/system/Keymap.xml file, which contains sections for each input device (e.g., <keymap> --> <global> --> <keyboard>), and then there's a file for each device under system/keymaps (e.g., system/keymaps/keyboard.xml). Are both these files used?

I run XBMC in portable mode, BTW.
keymap.xml is not used any more. Depending on the device you are using, if it's a keyboard or an MCE remote then please use keyboard.xml.

Regards,
EG.
In fact XBMC will read all *.xml files in the keymaps folder. They are split into separate files for convenience and so that a syntax error doesn't crash the entire input mapping. However a keymap.xml file in the XBMC\system folder (instead of XBMC\system\keymaps) will be ignored. I suspect it's there as a result of an upgrade from an older version of XBMC.

NB you shouldn't modify any of the configs in XBMC\system\keymaps as they will be overwritten next time you upgrade. Create new file(s) in your profile i.e. XBMC\portable_data\userdata\keymaps if you're using portable mode. XBMC reads the userdata \keymaps config files last, and they will override or add to any mappings in the system\keymaps files.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Keymap XML Files0