Change Path for CD Ripping...
Hi guys,

Newbie to XBMC... Works and looks great.
Better than existing professionally made stuff! Smile
Still haven't seen anything like this before...!

Have a question regarding CD Ripping.

When I Rip a CD, I would like it to save the Rip like this:
<path>/artist/album name/(mp3 track file)

As it is now, it will be saved as:
<path>/album name/(mp3 track file)

I would like to have the ripped albums from the same artist in subfolders to the artists name.

Is this possible?
Not currently.

A patch will be welcome, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I felt like trying it. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840

If no Artist is found a keyboard is brought up.

This does not work right with compilations. It needs work. I'll take another look at it later.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Alright the final version does handle compilations. I just moved the final setting of the path down into the for loop for ripping.

I don't know if a setting should be used for folder structure. I personally think it should rip Artist/Album/Song.mp3, so it's fine for me.

Though I don't use it anyways.

Edit: I don't know if it's my changes (I wouldn't think so), but, I have to turn off the xbox with the power button after ripping a CD. The menu items for restart and shutdown, don't work. I did cancel the rip though?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:...Edit: I don't know if it's my changes (I wouldn't think so), but, I have to turn off the xbox with the power button after ripping a CD. The menu items for restart and shutdown, don't work. I did cancel the rip though?

No, I haven't noticed anything like that. After the Rip is done, I'm back at the Music -menu and it will take another rip without problems.
I'm using the latest T3CH (2007-06-17 SVN rev9336).

Regards,
Nuka1195 Wrote:...I personally think it should rip Artist/Album/Song.mp3, so it's fine for me.

Yes, that would be great. As it is now, it will rip like:

<path>/album name/Song.mp3

Which is a little bit annoying...
Was this feature added to the main tree? I can't seem to make it do this and the link from above doesn't work anymore.
No it wasn't

Probably a better solution to this would be to interpet slashes properly in the custom naming scheme.

So you can have something like %G/%B/%N. %A which would set the file to be /SetDirectory/Genre/Album/01. Track

I'm looking to doing this right now.
Just like to confirm that this is working fine. Use / in the template to indicate a subfolder. So A%/B%/N% T% gives Pixies/Doolittle/01 Debaser.mp3

VERY nice Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Path for CD Ripping...0