• 1(current)
Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday?
Question 
hi guys before we go anyfurther on these boards i am a newb so dont flame me down so much i was just reading the various articles about the new xbox 2 being leaked and wondered what does this mean for xbmc,

now if i am right the xbox2 is basically better gfx and has a programme built in which is very similiar to xbmc can i ask how many of you guys like me dont play many games on your box and use it primarily for media.

my second question is do you think development will move from xbox to xbox 2 when this becomes availaible.

and last of all what will make you guys upgrade to the new xbox 2 or will you like me stick to the trusted xbox 1
my opinion is that xbmc will keep going well into the xbox2's career.. simply because there are lots of people like you and me who use xbmc primarily for media..

by the time dev moves to xbox2, it will probabaly be after its been out for a while and the price drops..

anywho i dont think xbox and xmbc is going out of style for a while..
im not a developer so i cant speak for them .. just a poor soul who has less of a life after installing xbmc..
Sad 
it's a m00t point until the xbox 2 been hacked and there are either modchips available for it or an software mod (exploit) which allows one to run unsigned code.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Exclamation 
i think you will find it extremely difficult to port xbmc to the xbox2 when it ships. microsoft is fully aware of the number of people who have purchased the xbox as a cheap pc, and will not make that same mistake twice. in order to compete with sony, ms has had to drastically cut the price of the xbox so that they are losing more than 100 usd per unit shipped. they make it up on software. obviously, if many of the people who mod their xboxes then never go out and purchase any software for it, that is a drain on ms' income.

xbox2 will be built by ibm this time round, using the powerpc chip. the architecture is totally different than the xbox1, so it will be very difficult to continue on with great progs like this one which were developed on a standard 733 mhz p3 currently found in the xbox1.

r.
i think when the xbox 2 is released the xbox (1?) will become even cheaper and so i think xbmc will even get more users.
xbmc will live forever on my xbox.

though many here are forgetting that xbmc is limited to the xbox's power. as higher and higher quality is demanded, especially with blu-ray on its way, the xbox will soon become obsolete due to it being incapable of playing these super-high quality media.
there is also another factor to consider. once the xbox 2 has a firm footing ms will discontinue production of xbox units. initially there will be a surplus of units worldwide and people will continue on their merry business as they always have. however once these run out people will have to rely on second hand units through the likes of ebay and such. again this will sustain the xbox base for a while but once the components in existing units reach the end of their life and spare parts become limited we may have no choice but to move platform to the xbox 2.
well xbox2 won't be out for a least a year in my opinion. i say this leaves 1 and a half to 2 years left of xbmc. but only time will tell.
Exclamation 
(djbass @ jan. 22 2005,10:18 Wrote:there is also another factor to consider. once the xbox 2 has a firm footing ms will discontinue production of xbox units. initially there will be a surplus of units worldwide and people will continue on their merry business as they always have. however once these run out people will have to rely on second hand units through the likes of ebay and such. again this will sustain the xbox base for a while but once the components in existing units reach the end of their life and spare parts become limited we may have no choice but to move platform to the xbox 2.
hmmm, or they could go the ps1 route
i don't think you'll need xbmc for xbox2.  i think m$ will just rip off the code and call it their own. :d

most of the features will already be there, plus some.

thats the microsoft way.
(leisenstein @ feb. 21 2005,22:11 Wrote:i don't think you'll need xbmc for xbox2. i think m$ will just rip off the code and call it their own. :d

most of the features will already be there, plus some.

thats the microsoft way.
don’t forget they will register many xbmc related patents; they will call it the best media center ever, and they will praise the innovations brought into the product. of course they will also add drm to ensure the quality of the content…

who’s next….?
hi guys,

i don't know if anybody ever asked if there will be a new xbmc for the xbox 360.

if there's anyone out there who knows something about xbmc and the nextgen consoles... please let me know.

big respect to the xbmc developer team... :bowdown:
i don't think people even know much about the next consoles. i think its a little too early to be writing programs for something that nobody has even seen yet.

xbmp wasn't released before the xbox...and it did take a while too
but the developers should start to think about it...

so let's watch mtv
(tauruz @ may 10 2005,19:19 Wrote:but the developers should start to think about it...

so let's watch mtv
well then for starters u can donate them some powerpc's to develop on....
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox 360 running XBMC (XBMC for Xbox360?) port possible someday?3