Nooby Help
Hello Folks,
This is my first post, Firstly what an awsome community you have here, loads of action!
It's great to see so many working towards a common goal.
XBMC just has to be the best, I've tried others Huh

I've installed XBMC 10.0 Beta R33776 and Evolution Showmix

I've imported my movied to the video from my NAS all OK
Iv'e set content to movies and have scrapped the thumbs.
In the video menu I can play my movies OK but cant arrange them in showmix (like a line of dominoes)
The Movies do appear in the movie section lined up as I want like a line of dominoes but if I press enter to play one I get
'! Remove file from library
The file is no longer available
Would you like to remove it from the library? Yes/No'
Yet the movie plays from the video menu
Sorry to be an absolute noob but I've uninstalled xbmc 4 times now trying to sort this.

Can anyone possibly throw me a bone on this, or should i just hit the bottle!Nod

Best regards
Dave S.
Well, to begin with, I recommend installing XBMC 10.0, rather than the Beta. There's really absolutely no reason to keep using beta software.

Second, after you've installed XBMC final, go to Settings>Video>Library and select "Clean library." This will remove any Movies that for some reason aren't connected to the videos in your video folder.

Now, if you have no movies at all, you'll probably want to rescan your Video folder (and possibly re-set content).
First of all, your attitude in your other post is terrible. Rolleyes

Dave Surtees Wrote:I have the exact same problem!

Site is supposed to be full of so called experts!!!!!

No one seems to have the answer!

Some help PLEASE -----Sad

Not very grateful and definitely not the kind of attitude you want to have if you are actually trying to be a part of a friendly, helping community. What goes around comes around I guess? Eek

Your first problem here is that you are using a beta build. Why not just stick with XBMC Dharma 10.0 (stable)?! Nod Once you have done that, come back and report issues you may have. Wink
bmcclure937,

I unreservedly appologise M8,
Just a wind up to get a response!
I like a bit of banter and genuinely don't mean to offend

Best Regards
Dave
No worries. Hopefully we can get your issue sorted Wink
Thanks for the help nate & 937,
I'll try what u suggest now and let you know how I get on

Again Thanks for taking the time
Regards
Dave S
OK,
Downloaded XBMC 10,
Installed, unpacked 'skin.showmix'
placed showmix folder in addons folder.
Ran XBMC,
cleaned video library,
swithched to evolution skin,
Added NAS folder address into video menu
(Note - at this stage I do mot have 'Movies' showing on the horizontal scroll bar - Seems to only appear after I add my NAS folder.)
Set content to movies
Movies apears on Horizontal scroll bar
Scrape initiated and allocated thums and backgrounds in Video menue
(Note Showmix is not available on this menue)
Move and open Movies
All lined up great as horizontal line of dominoes
Sadly - No thumbs, no Fan art and when I click 'enter' to play I get the same old message 'REMOVE MOVIE FROM LIBRARY'
'THIS FILE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.'
'WOULD YOU LIKE TO REMOVE IT FROM THE LIBRARY?'
'YES/NO'
Movies play OK from Video directry with skins and fan art but cant get showmix (dominoes in a row) in the video menu.

Boy is this a pisser, hope you have some ideas, Cos I feel so close to getting the media centre experiance I've always dreamed might be achivable.

Best regards
Dave S.
Dave,

Try posting a log that is taken when you have your problem. That is the best way to get to the bottom of your problem.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Mark
I tried somthing different,
Loaded a movie into video menu from my C drive
Appeared OK in the movie folder Yipee!
So the problem seems to be the movie folder can't find its way back to my NAS server address, yet if works OK for the video menu

Hope someone has had a similar experiance

Best Regards
Dave S.
Dave, as Mark said, the problem would best be resolved by posting a debug log to pastebin and then linking to it on this page. You can either follow the link Mark has provided or following the link in my signature on how to post a windows related problem. Both will explain how to get a good debug log.

My suggestion is to first cut out the unnecessary bits to make sure we can isolate the problem. Switch back to the original skin. Clean the library. Turn on the debug logger. shut down XBMC.

Start up XBMC. Add your NAS content and Set Content. (Don't mess with skin settings.) Try to play a movie. If video won't play, exit XBMC and post the debug log. Only then will developer actually take the time to try to help you out.
Thanks M8,
Ill try this tonight, gotta go to work Now (Sad)
Best Regards
Dave S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nooby Help0