trailer for movies
hi
i just saw this on HitcherUK 89's youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK#p/...JVGbHEck24
and want to know which plugin this is?
greez tom
Not a plugin, trailer support is standard in Alaska. It will play any local trailer as long as it's named the same as the movie and in the same directory.

Example

Dark Knight.mkv -- movie
Dark Knight-trailer.mkv -- matching trailer
ah ok. so i have to download the trailers manually? i am sorry but i am very new to this xbmc-topic and i really searched for a long time right now. is there no plugin which downloads and renames trailers automatically referring to your media library?
XBMC scrapes for trailers by default and adds the URL to the db it it finds one they don't have to be local

In the set content window your see another option there called "settings" trailer options are in there its not a bad idea to select the imdb as the trailer fallback option

If your using alaska turn on the trailer icon then your know which titles already have them or go to trailer in movie info

BTW if your movies are in separate folders local trailers can also be named movie-trailer
a-tom Wrote:ah ok. so i have to download the trailers manually? i am sorry but i am very new to this xbmc-topic and i really searched for a long time right now. is there no plugin which downloads and renames trailers automatically referring to your media library?

In the supplimental tools category forum there is a thread on HD-Trailers Downloader, which will scrape HD-Trailers.net for anything new and download it locally, including renaming it. You still need to clean up some of the filenames to match your movie names. Another option is the Add-On Apple Movie Trailers Lite, which will download or stream trailers from Apple directly. They usually have all of the most recent trailers in 1080p or 720p, although there is an occasional SD trailer. It works directly from your Video menu or Main menu as a selection in Alaska. With local trailers you control what you have and how it is presented rather than streaming it from outside sources.

>>X<<' Wrote:XBMC scrapes for trailers by default and adds the URL to the db it it finds one they don't have to be local

In the set content window your see another option there called "settings" trailer options are in there its not a bad idea to select the imdb as the trailer fallback option

If your using alaska turn on the trailer icon then your know which titles already have them or go to trailer in movie info

BTW if your movies are in separate folders local trailers can also be named movie-trailer

Please note that a many of the trailers on IMDB are of much lower resolution than the movies you will likely be watching in xbmc. There is also the issue of start-up lag if the trailer must be streamed from the internet.

I personally have found that putting movies each in their own folder does not work well for organizational purposes if your collection grows to any extent. I do think it is useful if your movies are multiple files and not in single files. In my case since I re-encode all my movies into h264 streams and repackage as either mkv or mp4 they are all single files so the strategy I use is to group alphabetically and keep the few dvd or iso files in a separate directory to make eventual replacement easier. Trailers are re-encoded directly from the DVD, BluRay, HDDVD or downloaded content and then stored local.

TV Shows of course work differently and depend on separate folders for certain aspects in order to get fanart and season art to work properly.

Another useful Add-On is Cinema Experience which will give you that "movie theater" nonpareil right in your own home.
Its a matter of choice I was only making him aware of all his options I personally have all local trailers

IMDb trailers are a fall back option if HD-Trailers.net doesn't have one available it uses IMDb instead and it doesn't stop you adding a local trailer if your not happy some people don't like taking up space with trailers, as for lag that will depend on your connection

There are lots of advantages to having each movie in its own folder I like it because I have local artwork nfo's and trailers and to me it seems more organised plus I never have to clean up names of trailers or artwork on an individual basis that I have grabbed manually I just drop it in the correct folder then rename them all in one click as they all carry the same name

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
trailer for movies0