• 3(current)
[AppleTV2]FAQ
Thanks Op..
My APTV2 still show verison 4.1.1 after successfull jailbreak GreenPois0n RC6, is it OK ?
castortray Wrote:My APTV2 still show verison 4.1.1 after successfull jailbreak GreenPois0n RC6, is it OK ?
Yes. Jailbreaking does not change the firmware version number.
castortray Wrote:My APTV2 still show verison 4.1.1 after successfull jailbreak GreenPois0n RC6, is it OK ?

Try pressing the center button to toggle between the firmware/build/ios versions. 4.1.1 is iOS software 4.2.1.

Jailbreaking doesn't not change your version number in any way.
Rainbow 
Been looking around for some time now in the forums, but didn't find an answer to my problems...

Just jailbroke my Apple TV 2 with GreenPoison and everything works fine except XBMC playing all my DVD movies.

They are stored on a wired NAS server and I have no problem finding them there, but the XBMC won't play them. I'v understod that much that I have to make a .IFO file for each movie, but it still only plays one .VOB fil at a time.

The subtitles are also missing...Sad

Tried to install IMDB as scraper, but no cover eitherNo

Someone that could and would help, or maybe show me a thread that shows how to do...?Nod
pukey Wrote:Been looking around for some time now in the forums, but didn't find an answer to my problems...

Just jailbroke my Apple TV 2 with GreenPoison and everything works fine except XBMC playing all my DVD movies.

They are stored on a wired NAS server and I have no problem finding them there, but the XBMC won't play them. I'v understod that much that I have to make a .IFO file for each movie, but it still only plays one .VOB fil at a time.

The subtitles are also missing...Sad

Tried to install IMDB as scraper, but no cover eitherNo

Someone that could and would help, or maybe show me a thread that shows how to do...?Nod

Easiest way ? Convert with Handbrake to .mkv but if you want to stick with video_ts folders: set "use foldernames for lookup" (and ofcourse name the folders appropriately).
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:Easiest way ? Convert with Handbrake to .mkv but if you want to stick with video_ts folders: set "use foldernames for lookup" (and ofcourse name the folders appropriately).

Thanks...Big Grin

"use foldernames for lookup" is that something in the setup of XBMC...? Don't think that I have seen it in any of the menusHuh
Its in the Set Content window. Its toward the bottom with a few other things you can check.
Is the .NFO still necessary then...?
I have an Popcorn Hour C-200 with YAMJ installed - It finds the covers from the name of the folder. No other files are needed there...
Q: Where do I find the changelog of the "official" versions from apt repo?

Thx.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commits/atv2/ until it says "bump revision for 10.0-X release"
Question 
Need some help here. I have the appletv2 and using windows 7 on a home PC. Got the greenpoision download and flashed my appletv2 and hooked it up and no changes were made. I did a restore and made sure the newest firmware/software versions were downloaded while hooked up to the T.V. Again flashed and nothing!!! What am I doing wrong here. The unit got into the dfu mode and the flash worked as far a s I can tell. Should I do the restore on the computer using itunes? Any help would be most appreciated!!!!!!!
Thanks
Make sure you wait aother 40 seconds after the quit button in greenpoison chnges from grey to black.
( the led on the ATV should be steady by then)
After that you should have a greenpoison button on the AtV start screen to inject the cydia code.
Hope this helps
umtauscher
umtauscher tried your suggestion no luck. Any suggestions on why this will not take on my appletv2 boxHuh Man this frustrating really want this to work!!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]FAQ1