• 5(current)
[AppleTV2]FAQ
//
Memphiz Wrote:@Senaxx please make a big fat entry in your first post about the following:

Issue: Settings are not saved, Updates don't work, Clone Settings from any XBMC to ATV2
Solution: Fix the permissions of the data folder by doing the following in ssh:

Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

I had to post this answer multiple times for very different issues. It all starts with copying stuff into the data folder of XBMC while using the user "root". So the files get the wrong owner and the user "mobile" which XBMC is run as doesn't have write access to the files.

ciao

Memphiz

Sorry i've been AFK for a while Wink I'll add it asap Smile
Senaxx Wrote:Q: Settings are not saved, Updates don't work, Clone Settings from any XBMC to ATV2
A: Fix the permissions of the data folder by doing the following in ssh:
Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

I think this needs to be changed to:
Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
... you could also do:
Code:
chown -R mobile: /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
it's always the same path, just different symlinks.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
Posting this here until the sickbeard devs fix whatever is causing the issue, quite a few people seem to have had the same problem.

Issue:
TV Shows downloaded via sickbeard do not get the proper read permissions to be seen or used by xbmc on iOS.

Solution:

Adding a file permission for the everyone user to grant read access. You could do this one by one but its very tedious. To do it en masse via windows run a command prompt as administrator and type the following:
run a command prompt as administrator and type the following:

icacls "c:\media directory\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:R

Every file will now have read access given to the Everyone user and you will be able to use your previously unusable files. I have reported this in the sickbeard thread, but not sure if anything will be done about it right now.
thesuffering Wrote:Posting this here until the sickbeard devs fix whatever is causing the issue, quite a few people seem to have had the same problem.

Issue:
TV Shows downloaded via sickbeard do not get the proper read permissions to be seen or used by xbmc on iOS.

Solution:

Adding a file permission for the everyone user to grant read access. You could do this one by one but its very tedious. To do it en masse via windows run a command prompt as administrator and type the following:
run a command prompt as administrator and type the following:

icacls "c:\media directory\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:R

Every file will now have read access given to the Everyone user and you will be able to use your previously unusable files. I have reported this in the sickbeard thread, but not sure if anything will be done about it right now.

But how does this go? Because sickbeard itself downloads nothing. It just downloads the nzb to sabnzbd+. So the files are generated by Sabnzb+. Or is it because you have the move/renaming function on sickbard and that does set some wrong file permissions?
Senaxx Wrote:But how does this go? Because sickbeard itself downloads nothing. It just downloads the nzb to sabnzbd+. So the files are generated by Sabnzb+. Or is it because you have the move/renaming function on sickbard and that does set some wrong file permissions?

i would say it has something to do with the move/renaming function. Movies directly downloaded and/or sorted by sabnzbd work just fine. so far i have seen this only affects files sorted/renamed via sickbeard
thesuffering Wrote:i would say it has something to do with the move/renaming function. Movies directly downloaded and/or sorted by sabnzbd work just fine. so far i have seen this only affects files sorted/renamed via sickbeard

Exactly. Sickbeard moves the files from the download folder to the folder where the TV series are stored. That's when the file permissions are not set properly (i.e. to the permissions of the folder that the files are moved to)
The FAQ could use some info on iOS 4.3, easier said than done I guess... things seem a bit up in the air. Sounds like there's a tethered jailbreak available and now someone's saying they have an untethered one: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/jailbreak/i...e-creator/
Italo Disco Wrote:Exactly. Sickbeard moves the files from the download folder to the folder where the TV series are stored. That's when the file permissions are not set properly (i.e. to the permissions of the folder that the files are moved to)

Who owns the Sickbeard process, hmm?
jd2157 Wrote:The FAQ could use some info on iOS 4.3, easier said than done I guess... things seem a bit up in the air. Sounds like there's a tethered jailbreak available and now someone's saying they have an untethered one: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/jailbreak/i...e-creator/

The untethered is being worked on. Currently there is a tethered jailbreak for 4.3 that you can use through Seas0nPass. If you don't need the extra features of 4.3 the best choice is not to update Smile
nmat Wrote:The untethered is being worked on. Currently there is a tethered jailbreak for 4.3 that you can use through Seas0nPass. If you don't need the extra features of 4.3 the best choice is not to update Smile

Looks like the untethered jb is going to be delayed until iOS 4.3.1 is released to prevent the wasting of an exploit.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news...jailbreak/
I'm confused as to why NitoTV says I have the latest version of XBMC (10.0-7), but the system info inside XBMC says I'm running 10.4.0 Darwin compiled in October. Any ideas?
mojoted Wrote:I'm confused as to why NitoTV says I have the latest version of XBMC (10.0-7), but the system info inside XBMC says I'm running 10.4.0 Darwin compiled in October. Any ideas?

10.4.0 Darwin is the iOS version.

10.0.7 XBMC is the package version for XBMC

What's confusing about that ?
davilla Wrote:10.4.0 Darwin is the iOS version.

10.0.7 XBMC is the package version for XBMC

What's confusing about that ?

Thanks. I'm new this arena. I saw somewhere on a thread that you could see the XBMC version in System Info, but now I realize you can only see the version of iOS Darwin there. So I see that Darwin version 10.6 debuted on January 6th. Any idea why the Atv2 is running 10.4 and not 10.6?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]FAQ1