NAS Drive noob
I've just got my first NAS drive, and wanted a few pointers, What i want to do is move my movie collection of 2 Hard Drives (1700gb), and put them onto my 2tb NAS.

I thought i would try with just the one film first, which was 'family guy darkside', xbmc saw this film as '1', so when i went to try and refresh', this option wasn't highlighted?
therefore, how do i make sure that i am able to re-name any wrong named movies?
Thanks guys
Any suggestions??
Also, when xbmc comes to scan the nas drive, it hangs on scanning and i'm unable to stop scanning unless i shutdown xbmc, got me at a loss at the moment!
I would start by working in file view rather than library mode and see if you can navigate the shares on the NAS.

JR
Hi jr, had a play around with the NAS again, this time i put on 'The land that time forgot' again xbmc saw the movie called '1'.

Am i to understand that NAS will only work in video mode and not library mode?
If this is the case, its a bummer cos i only use library mode, and if it is the case, how can i get the thumbnails to appear on video mode, if xbmc isn't seeing the proper title...

Perhaps the easier option is to use the 2TB NAS drive as a USB drive!!!
Thanks!!
How are you connecting to the NAS? As an SMP source, or uPnP or something else? The best option is usually to use SMB.

JR
hi, its going into a 8 port netgear router, along with evrything else on the network, i'm using upnp to access the nas, i'll give smb a try later after some sleep!
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS Drive noob0