XBMC - Digital audio out through S/pdif - problem - Help
First of all. XBMC ROCKS Smile .. Thanks everyone who make XBMC possible.

now my problem. I was running my 5.1 speakers which were hooked up to my receiver, and my receiver was connected to my computer through streo cable, so i was not getting 5.1. but i was controlling sound from my logitech dinovo mini or MCE remote.

I recently upgrade the computer and this computer has spdif(digital audio) on the motherboard, so i ran optic cable for sound and change in xbmc audio menu to play through optic cable and wow sorround sound. BUT i cant control it with my MCE remote or logitech dinovo mini. i have to use receiver remote for sound.

Setup is, hdmi from pc to projector for video, and optic is going from pc to receiver for sound.

even if my volume is mute on PC , i still get sound from XBMC, through optic. how Can i control volume from XBMC via my remote ?

in other words how do i set XBMC to know that if i decrese the sound, decrease the sound going thourgh didital cable.

i am running youtube on internet explorer( not in XBMC) , sound works fine and i cant volume up and down, it is also going to spdif, then where to change it in XBMC,

Please HELPPPPP.. Smile .. i am running newest version DHarma of XBMc on windows 7.
Hi and welcome!
Just to let you know, my sound output is via spdif as well, and whilst i can turn the volume up when i'm using internet radio, music, plugins such as tvcatchup when i come to a dolby digital movie/tv show, then i cannot use the xbmc remote, i have to use the receivers remote.

As much as i know, thats the way it is, you can't turn DD down, only an analogue source coming through the optical cable.

Hopre this helps you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Digital audio out through S/pdif - problem - Help0