Newbie wants to edit confluence home page
ok, I'm new to linux and new to xbmc but pretty competent most of the time. I'm a career IT Engineer for windows systems, XBMC is my way into learning about linux and how it works so be gentle.

Now, what i'm wanting is a way to add my youtube plugin (and eventually others) to my homepage in the default confluence skin.

only problem is at this moment i cant even find the confluence files let alone figure out how to edit them.

I'm sure everyone has a thousand more important things to be getting on and developing but if someone can give me a few pointers and links i'll be on my way,

current install is XBMC-Standalone on ubuntu 10.10 with gnome desktop.

I've found this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_skinning and a few other bits and bobs about but need some pointers.
Just found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65964

but i dont have a ~/skin/

Code:
media@mediaserv:~/.xbmc/addons$ cd ~
media@mediaserv:~$ cd /skin
bash: cd: /skin: No such file or directory
media@mediaserv:~$ ls -a
.              Documents         .gstreamer-0.10   Network Share              .themes
..             Downloads         .gtk-bookmarks    .nvidia-settings-rc        .thumbnails
.adobe         .esd_auth         .gvfs             Pictures                   Videos
.bash_history  .evolution        .ICEauthority     .pki                       .xbmc
.bash_logout   examples.desktop  .icons            .profile                   xbmc_crashlog-20110130_132101.log
.bashrc        .fontconfig       .local            Public                     xbmc_crashlog-20110201_011331.log
.cache         .gconf            .macromedia       .pulse                     .xscreensaver-getimage.cache
.compiz        .gconfd           .mission-control  .pulse-cookie              .xsession-errors
.config        .gksu.lock        .mozilla          .recently-used.xbel        .xsession-errors.old
core           .gnome2           Music             scripts                    .xsessionrc
.dbus          .gnome2_private   .mythtv           .sudo_as_admin_successful
Desktop        .gshutdown        .nautilus         Templates
Code:
media@mediaserv:~/.xbmc/addons$ ls -a
.                                  metadata.tv.movieplayer.it           script.lrclyrics             skin.back-row
..                                 packages                             script.module.beautifulsoup  skin.mediastream_redux
IPlayer                            plugin.image.icanhascheezburger.com  script.module.simplejson     skin.night
metadata.artists.allmusic.com      plugin.program.utorrent              script.randomitems           skin.pm3-hd
metadata.common.hdtrailers.net     plugin.video.academicearth           script.recentlyadded         skin.shade
metadata.common.impa.com           plugin.video.tvcatchup               script.rss.editor            skin.transparency
metadata.common.last.fm            plugin.video.youtube                 script.tv.show.next.aired    skin.xperience
metadata.common.movieposterdb.com  script.cu.lyrics                     script.web.viewer            webinterface.awx
metadata.imdb.com                  script.favourites                    script.xbmc.subtitles        webinterface.wtouch
metadata.themoviedb.org            script.forum.browser                 skin.alaska                  webinterface.XWMM
metadata.tvdb.com                  script.logo-downloader               skin.alaska.revisited.mod
media@mediaserv:~/.xbmc/addons$
ok, found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76529

the instructions are to copy and paste the zip contents into the skin.confluence folder

this folder is found in /usr/share/xbmc/addons

it is owned by root and thus a quick

sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/share/xbmc/

was needed in order to allow me to paste into the folder

after that, start xbmc and goto settings>skins>Custom Home

you will need to make sure you have favorited the items you want to link to, find teh item and right click select favorite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie wants to edit confluence home page0