No sound from mp3s or video files with mp3 audio
So this is an odd one.

I'm running the latest release of XBMC on Windows 7, all updated and up to date. A couple of weeks ago it was working flawlessly. I have audio going out via S/PDIF and video via HDMI, and all of the DD, DTS, etc. was working perfectly.

Then without any warning something stopped working correctly. I no longer get any audio when I play an .mp3 file from within XBMC, nor do I get audio when I play a video file that has its audio encoded in .mp3. I also no longer get navigation sounds, which used to work perfectly.

If I play those same files from the Windows desktop they work perfectly.

I was originally using S/PDIF with the "Direct Sound: Primary" setting, but I get exactly the same results over HDMI.

Any ideas on what the culprit could be here?
pFranzen Wrote:So this is an odd one.

I'm running the latest release of XBMC on Windows 7, all updated and up to date. A couple of weeks ago it was working flawlessly. I have audio going out via S/PDIF and video via HDMI, and all of the DD, DTS, etc. was working perfectly.

Then without any warning something stopped working correctly. I no longer get any audio when I play an .mp3 file from within XBMC, nor do I get audio when I play a video file that has its audio encoded in .mp3. I also no longer get navigation sounds, which used to work perfectly.

If I play those same files from the Windows desktop they work perfectly.

I was originally using S/PDIF with the "Direct Sound: Primary" setting, but I get exactly the same results over HDMI.

Any ideas on what the culprit could be here?

You might want to enable debug log and play the problematic video or music files then close XBMC.

Submit the contents of the debug log on to http://pastebin.com and then post the link of your log here.

Cheers,
EG.
Sorry for the delay in getting back on this!

Here is a section of my debug log: http://pastebin.com/2Bvf6qhz

I tried playing one episode of a TV show (The Wire S04E06) that has .mp3 audio.

Again, without changing any settings on the computer or my receiver this same file plays just fine in VLC from the Windows desktop. Line 240 in the log looks particularly telling of... well, something. I think. I'm not sure what though.

Thanks!!
Anybody? I'd love to get some advice on this.

Thanks!
Saturday evening bump.
You aren't gonna get a lot of fans by including an incomplete debug log. The top of the log helps devs figure out exactly what version of the software and what hardware items you are using.

My first suggestion is to post a complete debug log. My second suggestion is to rename the userdata folder, and then reinstall XBMC. If that fixes it, we'll know it isn't a hardware or driver issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound from mp3s or video files with mp3 audio0